BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sticky pedal fixed today at Sonnen BMW in Marin. I was pretty sceptical and I did not believe that this would actually make a big difference as my stickiness symptoms were very mild. Well, let me tell you. It made a world of difference in the responsiveness of the pedal. 1st to 2nd gear no longer requires as much effort to avoid any jerkiness. Before I just thought that this is how a BMW is supposed to feel and I just have to learn to be a smoother driver. Not true. It is butter smooth without any effort now. Really makes you enjoy the car more. No more too much throttle/not enough throttle problem.
By the way they only changed my module and not the plate. I asked them why and they said that based on what I currently have this is what needs to be changed only. Couldn't really argue. I made them put it in writing on the invoice just in case. The service was great. Quick, professional and they really treat you like someone who just put out 40K and deserves some respect for picking their brand. Jeff was my service advisor. As I was waiting for my car I killed some time looking at their minatures bmw collection (they also had free coffee and croissants). Not bad. My sense is that they maybe a little pricey for buying a car there (hey it's Marin afterall...) but they sure have a great service. I've been to I think all Bay Area dealerships by now and I rate then NUMERO UNO. Strong work!!!

·
10,856 Posts
I need to just call VOB and tell them to perform the bloody TSB on my car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nick,

I am awaiting a adaptor plate there also. The pedal module finally came in after two and half weeks, but when I brought in the car last week they realized the they need the fricken adaptor plate which I told them. My service guy sucks, I miss Ralph.

·
10,856 Posts
Ben Chou said:
Nick,

I am awaiting a adaptor plate there also. The pedal module finally came in after two and half weeks, but when I brought in the car last week they realized the they need the fricken adaptor plate which I told them. My service guy sucks, I miss Ralph.
You have Brian, too?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

You have Brian, too?
Unfortunatel, YES. I mean he is just not on my side like Ralph used to be. Ralph really really took care of me.

I am thinking to switch to Jose I think it is. The guy at the desk in front of Brian. He and I always shoot the shit when I go in. He has a E36 M3 that he has modded somewhat. What has your experience with Brian been.

Oh, the loaner situation pissed me off last time too.:mad: :mad:

·
10,856 Posts
Brian SERIOUSLY pissed me off the first time I met him. After he got a zero on the survey for that service (ironically, I didn't even get the call, BMW called an old number for that one), he's been reasonably nice to me, though.

Apparently, he drives a Chevy Monte Carlo. He sure looks like it, too. Oy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
Brian SERIOUSLY pissed me off the first time I met him. After he got a zero on the survey for that service (ironically, I didn't even get the call, BMW called an old number for that one), he's been reasonably nice to me, though.

Apparently, he drives a Chevy Monte Carlo. He sure looks like it, too. Oy.
Well last time, I made an appoinment to come in. VOB is getting more and more busy that 2 and half weeks for an appointment is pretty standard issue. Well I dropped off the car nice and early and went across to Enterprise to pick up my loaner. Brian comes running out after me and tells me that they only pay for one day and that he won't be able to finish my car in one day. I said ok, that's fine, but it's not my problem that you cannot finish my car and that they should be covering my loaner. He said that is just what he was told.

I understand that they started this policy since people were taking advatage of it and keeping the loaners past when there car was ready, Why? I can't tell you, but if they don't finish my car then they pay for the loaner. I never had this problem with Ralph and now twice I have had to call Scott Oliver to remedy the situation.

·
10,856 Posts
Hasn't been a problem for me... Purely because I've never needed a loaned since the aux fan.

I was able to drag a 96 328 loaner out of then, after my car had been out of commission for three and a half weeks. Three days after they gave me the 328, they had my car fixed, too. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
so, did they have to order all the parts? if so, how long did it take to get those in? i'm going to the dealer tomorrow, but maybe i shouldn't even waste my time...

·
Registered
480 Posts
They had to order the adaptor plate and I am waiting for the part to come in before they can perform the work on the car. The parts are on backorder and must be ordered manually, not thru the parts computer in order to get them as fast as possible. Otherwise, look to wait a couple of weeks to get them.

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
Michael330 said:
I got my sticky pedal fixed today at Sonnen BMW in Marin. I was pretty sceptical and I did not believe that this would actually make a big difference as my stickiness symptoms were very mild. Well, let me tell you. It made a world of difference in the responsiveness of the pedal. 1st to 2nd gear no longer requires as much effort to avoid any jerkiness. Before I just thought that this is how a BMW is supposed to feel and I just have to learn to be a smoother driver. Not true. It is butter smooth without any effort now. Really makes you enjoy the car more. No more too much throttle/not enough throttle problem.
Nice! :thumbup: I had my car "assessed" on Tuesday and the parts are now on order. I can't wait for my new assembly.

·
10,856 Posts
Ben Chou said:
They had to order the adaptor plate and I am waiting for the part to come in before they can perform the work on the car. The parts are on backorder and must be ordered manually, not thru the parts computer in order to get them as fast as possible. Otherwise, look to wait a couple of weeks to get them.
I went in today and scheduled an appointment to get the pedal fixed among other things. The technician Brian called remembered you by name Ben. And I didn't mention you. Apparently you're burned into his mind and associated with the pedal problem. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

I went in today and scheduled an appointment to get the pedal fixed among other things. The technician Brian called remembered you by name Ben. And I didn't mention you. Apparently you're burned into his mind and associated with the pedal problem. :D
Great!, I don't know if that is a good of bad thing though....

·
Registered
45 Posts
What are the symptons of "sticky pedal"? I have a 2001 330CI with a 5spd, and, like everyone else, seem to have some issue with smooth low to mid RPMs 1-2 upshifts. Is this related? I know there have been other postings re: clutch travel, but this is different. So without being flamed, please inform. Thanks. :p

·
600 Posts
plugot said:
What are the symptons of "sticky pedal"? I have a 2001 330CI with a 5spd, and, like everyone else, seem to have some issue with smooth low to mid RPMs 1-2 upshifts. Is this related?
I would say that's mostly unrelated, though others claim otherwise. As far as an explanation of what "sticky-pedal" is, alee already answered your question pretty well in this thread: Sticky Pedal Fix

kurt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.