BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a new 2003 330ci and I have been reading posts about sticks pedals and clutches. Have these problems been resolved for the 2003 models or should I just bypass headaches and go for the steptronic? Does the steptronic offer up another type of problem or are they flawless? I would also appeciate advice on the navigation system. Will I be able to order it and still get the indash CD player or is that still down the road a bit? Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wouldn't worry about any problems with the stick. It should be fine. You should really base the decision on what you want/like. Most of us choose stick for a lot of reasons. It's fun to drive, better control over the car, better gas mileage, faster, cheaper, will last longer, etc... On the other hand some people just don't like to operate the clutch, drive in a lot of traffic, live in San Francisco, etc... So really you should just go with what you prefer, if you like a stick though I would get it and not worry about any potential problems (that's what I did ;) ).

And if you get nav it will come with the in-dash cd unless tape is specifically ordered. This was a my03 change. I went through some pain myself confirming this cause some dealers will still tell you it's tape only. IMHO the cash would be better spent on the Nav and stick combo, then no-nav and step combo. The nav systems are great!:thumbup:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is what I want, stick and nav but my dealer wants me to get step because the resale for a stick with nav would be bad. But I like the stick and I need the nav. BTW what wheels did you get?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the M68's. I wouldn't have gotten anything else, I love those wheels. My big worry was that they were going to change the SP wheels for my03. FWIW the 17's will actually be a bit better performance wise vs. the 18's.

lol at the dealer worrying about resale :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . They will tell you the same thing about not getting a moonroof or not getting leather. I have to agree with others in that your buying the car for you, not for the person your going to sale it to. I think the worst thing would be to regret what you choose because it's not what you really want. Are you planning on selling the car quickly?

My car is a Silver/black leatherette 330i w/ 5-speed manual, SP, Moonroof, Nav and Xenons. I got a song and dance about how we won't be able to sell it if you don't buy it etc... However a couple weeks before I ordered they had a silver/black leatherette w/ SP, moonroof, and auto (!?) that someone cancelled on. It didn't even get to my dealer because another dealer found someone who wanted it :rolleyes: . Really I don't think it's such a big deal, however they are optioned the cars seem to sale.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ya. This is my car we are talking about. I guess it can be easy to get a little lost in the process. Thanks for reminding me who I buying this car for. Good advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.