BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what has happened to Gary from Z3Mirrors? I actually got a contact phone number and left a message but haven't heard back. His site still doesn't work and I don't want to keep calling him. The emails are returned as well. Is there an alternative for his adaptor? Does anyone have one they want to sell.

Any information would be helpful.

· Metalsmith
586 Posts
I actually got hold of him on the phone in January. There was some issue where he was no longer able to get mirrors that fit onto his adapters but he was hopeful that he had another source and would be re-stocked this month (February). In the meantime I found a replacement stock mirror so haven't called him back.

· Registered
53 Posts
When I sold my car, I thought if I don't get a good price for it, I'll put the stock mirror back in, & then I can sell my Garys adapter for 1 meeelion dollars :rofl: . I ended up getting my price for the car & the new owner wanted everything, so now I have to keep working. Darn, I could have retired if had sold my adapter off :mad: !

· Registered
1996 Z3 roadster with Dinan Cold Air Intake & Stage 1 suspension.
210 Posts
Possible Mirror Adapter?

During some preliminary sleuthing, I'm gathering that the puck-mount in the Z3 is referred to as a Tri-Lobe design. I also noticed that some Chrysler/Dodge vehicles are using a tri-lobe for their rearview mirrors. Question is, are these two one-in-the-same?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkKvxh5r3Dc

On the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me for BMW to go out of their way to make the part JUST a little bit different... but then again, it's known that the Spartanburg SC plant that built all Z3s used local suppliers for lots of parts (ASC for tops, Lear for seats, etc) and that maybe they adhered to an "established" design for the mirror mount.

IF it turns out that tri-lobes from the differing manufacturers have agreed to use a single ubiquitous dimension, then maybe this adapter from Brandmotion might be suitable?

http://www.brandmotion.com/other-ac...f-mirror-mount-adapter-bracket-5000-tfab.html

Anyone have access to a Chrysler/Dodge they can check on?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.