BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound a little korny but after 6+years its a little suprising that my black sapphire 2003 540i sport is still occasionally turning heads and getting unsolicited comments from total strangers. I guess I just felt like sharing as it just makes you feel good to own the car.... I was at the local BMW dealership on Friday purchasing a new fog light and the owner of a new m5 made a point of pulling along side and stating how cool my car looked and wished they could have one...then today at the gas station a guy in a bentley coupe came over and basically said the same thing while I was filling up the car...not sure why or what sparked the commentary in both cases, but I was left with the feeling of being pleasantly suprised....as lately I have been thinking its getting old and found myself looking forward to the unveiling of the new F10...but perhaps I should keep it a while longer....oh well, just thought I would share.....Anyone else still get comments on their E39s?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I **** you not....
I get atleast 2 per day.....

not trying to brag.... but it happens...

e39s are beautiful cars....
some will argue they are the most beautiful 5ers ever built.

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts

a minimum 13/day

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

e39s are beautiful cars....some will argue they are the most beautiful 5ers ever built.
not bragging either, but I have heard that several times as well...perhaps they see what the new cars look like and wish they still looked like ours! :)

·
Habitual User
'03 540, '03 M5
1,017 Posts
I **** you not....
I get atleast 2 per day.....

e39s are beautiful cars....
some will argue they are the most beautiful 5ers ever built.
Concur, Gus.
I bought my '98 in Dec, and am still in love w/ it.

Drove it down from the Bay Area last weekend, and made it back to the pad (510 miles) in under 6.5 hrs.
WAY BETTER THAN DISNEYLAND!!!

Nice to know you're doin Chula Juana proud w/ a boosted 5, Gus.
I grew up in the 91910.

Aloha

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had my beast for 3 years, and still enjoy it as if it was day one, before I owned a 2005 Honda Accord, bought it brand new from the lot. The first few months it was my pride and joy, but after a while it was just another car. Once the car got totaled, I was happy and got what I really want it a 540i6. My heart would be broken if anything happens to my beast (knock on wood).

·
Registered
462 Posts
man... i never get any comments from strangers.....

i think that would be so nice though!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Concur, Gus.
I bought my '98 in Dec, and am still in love w/ it.

Drove it down from the Bay Area last weekend, and made it back to the pad (510 miles) in under 6.5 hrs.
WAY BETTER THAN DISNEYLAND!!!

Nice to know you're doin Chula Juana proud w/ a boosted 5, Gus.
I grew up in the 91910.

Aloha
aaah nice....

im a 91914 resident...

gotta love chula vista..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have to say that I've changed my daily driver about every year and a half to two years...I really think that the the e39 body style is sooooo sick!!!!!!!! I don't care if you have a 525 a 528 or m5...they are all nice cars... honestly I bought my e39 for 5K with 88,ooo miles and it's a '98...I have people admiring the car all the time...and who could blame them? It's not my car particularly...the e39 is a really great platform to modify on. Not to many people hype up there BMW's to the next level and when they do...there's no comparrison...now that i've owned a BMW...i've grown out of having the newest car just because it's new. Alot of BMWs are great cars and are beautiful...here's a few examples of what I think are great BMWs. It's amazing what the right rim + susoension combo does to a bmw...

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
that looks like a terrible BMW. Looks like a cool show car but not a cool classy BMW.
The stance is alright but the wheel style + chrome just does not do it for me

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Something is missing here..........I<3MYe39 is from San Fran and speaks about his 98 e39. I'd not heard about Felgen-Garage before, so I checked the site out. guess what! The photos he posted are the same photos that are on the Felgen-Garage web site.

OP, Did you purchase the car and import it back to the states? You may wish to give us a little more background on "your" e39. Lets get the story straight!

........and I agree with Andy, it's not the look I'd want.

·
I'm otay. You are not.
1,337 Posts
I get a comment on mine every time I fill up. I also turn a minimum of six heads per day... that's just what I notice while driving, I don't make a point to count every person I pass. Everytime I tell someone the car is 11 years old, they drop their jaw and then start looking even more intently.

Last evening, I stopped by a BoJangle's that does a hot rod cruise-in every Saturday. A guy with a badass '66 GTO waved me over when I cranked the car up and he heard the exhaust. He and some guys asked for a ride, so I obliged a couple of them. It was pretty funny... after we got back, they were going on and on about how fast the car was and how much torque it had. A crowd gathered, and I got stuck there pimping my bimmer with a bunch of sweet Detroit heavy metal. When I finally left, I showed them some more M62 authoritah which resulted in many whoops, hellzyeahs, and raised fists. Pretty cool guys. I'm definitely going to check them out again.

Anyway, yes. Some may say it's too soon to call, but I say the E39 is a timeless classic. It's why I drive an eleven year old car. I can't find anything else that I really like.

·
E30 Maniac
2,461 Posts
I get a comment on mine every time I fill up. I also turn a minimum of six heads per day... that's just what I notice while driving, I don't make a point to count every person I pass. Everytime I tell someone the car is 11 years old, they drop their jaw and then start looking even more intently.

Last evening, I stopped by a BoJangle's that does a hot rod cruise-in every Saturday. A guy with a badass '66 GTO waved me over when I cranked the car up and he heard the exhaust. He and some guys asked for a ride, so I obliged a couple of them. It was pretty funny... after we got back, they were going on and on about how fast the car was and how much torque it had. A crowd gathered, and I got stuck there pimping my bimmer with a bunch of sweet Detroit heavy metal. When I finally left, I showed them some more M62 authoritah which resulted in many whoops, hellzyeahs, and raised fists. Pretty cool guys. I'm definitely going to check them out again.

Anyway, yes. Some may say it's too soon to call, but I say the E39 is a timeless classic. It's why I drive an eleven year old car. I can't find anything else that I really like.
spot on!

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Great thread. I get compliments often. At least 3 to 5 per week. People just love the bimmers and the e39 is just a classic look. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts