Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/241BMW/welcome.html

The Lufthansa helpdesk says the 2 for 1 is still in place, but they don't know anything about the 2 for 1 plus $560 off deal (like last year!).

A question about Munich priceline - does it always get the Marriott/Renaissance hotel? Are there certain criteria (area = North/citycenter and star=4*) that I need to choose. Does priceline get better deals for last minute or for reservation made way in advance? Any one used priceline in Prague/Rome? what hotel did u get and for what price?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
am_ver said:

The Lufthansa helpdesk says the 2 for 1 is still in place, but they don't know anything about the 2 for 1 plus $560 off deal (like last year!).

A question about Munich priceline - does it always get the Marriott/Renaissance hotel? Are there certain criteria (area = North/citycenter and star=4*) that I need to choose. Does priceline get better deals for last minute or for reservation made way in advance? Any one used priceline in Prague/Rome? what hotel did u get and for what price?
www.biddingfortravel.com

·
Dog fight anyone?
1,066 Posts
am_ver said:

I called the yesturday to make my reservations for March, was quoted about $1000 for two people from Washington DC to Munich, was about $200 less than what I found on my own. So I reserved, but will hold off on paying until it gets closer in case something better becomes available,

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Goto biddingfortravel.com.
I think the $50-$60 is a great deal. The deals on Priceline depend on what the hotel wants to offer and there is no pattern.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
I used priceline

Got the Rennaissance for $67 per night all inclusive. You may be able to do better. Dates 3/17-3/20. Searched on Munich North. Their website was 82 Euros, which is about $100 per night.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are the best!! Got the Renaissance for $58. Mar 17 to 18, and Mar 25 to 27. The bid for $50 got rejected.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
FWIW:
USairways.com has fare sale to Europe. Book till Jan 9, return by March 31. Saturday night stay required. SFO-PHL-MUC was in the low $500s. Non weekends are even cheper.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BayAreaBMWFan said:
FWIW:
USairways.com has fare sale to Europe. Book till Jan 9, return by March 31. Saturday night stay required. SFO-PHL-MUC was in the low $500s. Non weekends are even cheper.
US air is at $1000 (for 2), while lufthansa 2-4-1 is at $1200 (better timings including a non-stop return), I am waiting for either Lufthansa/united to follow USAir and drop fares, or BMW241 to announce a better deal than just 241.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
am_ver said:
US air is at $1000 (for 2), while lufthansa 2-4-1 is at $1200 (better timings including a non-stop return), I am waiting for either Lufthansa/united to follow USAir and drop fares, or BMW241 to announce a better deal than just 241.
Go to Kayak.com and see what kind of Lufthansa fares are showing up. If you see anything that's cheap, check the routing. Back in October, I saved over 400USD going thru Heathrow via United on the return leg rather than MUC/O'Hare/LAX route. Then have the Lufthansa agent quote you the same exact routing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts