BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a stay at home dad the last thing I wanted to do was order a mini-van...just could not do it...

So for the big 39th birthday I test drove and placed my ED order...Car drives amazing...sooo much different than our X5.

08 535xit Manual
Monaco Blue
Lt. Cream Beige
Bamboo
Prem
Cold Weather
Nav
Logic 7
HD
PDC
IPOD
CA
RWS

The sad part is I really wanted to get in for a late September Munich delivery...however, BMW NA has said that all Sept. and Oct. dates are full. ED has really taken off. So I am looking at November for delivery. Like I care. 5 days away from the little guy will be much needed rest for all.

Hoping to have my delivery date first thing next week. So my deal I think is great...

$5000 down
39 mth. lease
17,000 miles
BMW Loyalty program
Bottom line...$803 per month...which is $25 bucks more than the Rover!

Wish me luck!!!

Regards,

Bernie

·
2007 550i, '13 X5, '02 X5
691 Posts
Congrats Dad, enjoy the ride!!! :drive:

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
you will LOVE the XIT! Not sure about that deal though..... you should research those numbers a bit more. Look on the ED forum. You may be better off doing a 2 year lease with the minimum miles and putting $0 down but multiple security deposits (you get back) and lower the money factor.

xit
Msrp ED wholesale
54000 49680
2400 ZPP 2185
900 ZCW 820
1900 NAV 1730
1200 L7 1090
500 HD 450
400 ipod 365
700 PDC 635
1000 CA 910
250 RWS 230
64250 58095
775 dest 775
180 prep 180
65180 59050
Dealer profit 1500..... minus CCA rebate = 1000

2008 BMW 535xi Wagon 15kmiles/year
24 Month ***8211; Residual 70% of MSRP ***8211; .00285 Base Rate
36 Month ***8211; Residual 60% of MSRP ***8211; .00285 Base Rate

Add in the ED adder of .0003
and then subtract for MSD ( up to 7 over the required amount, and a reduction of 0.00007 per) .00266.

plug that into: http://www.autoleaseadvisers.com/ca...it=&use_tax=&license=&stage=1&submit=Continue

Then add in your adder miles (which you can pay within the last 6 months for only a cent more than up front). The other benefit of this is you will get your "down payment" back at the end in the for of a return of your security deposit, you have the car for less time and stay within warranty. 39 month leases are not a good idea in some situations...

or plug in your numbers.... there are a few members here who are great with leases that may be of more assistance i believe schley is one.

I hope this helps you out!

BTW the rates will come down by then for the leases. The ED for October have been closed because the delivery center is moving to Welt.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
Yikes...I got much better than that deal and with $0 down...something is not adding up right.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
Yikes...I got much better than that deal and with $0 down...something is not adding up right.
I was thinking the same thing..... I hope this deal gets better for the OP.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Howdy neighbor

Solebury, Bucks County here, ordered my first BMW a few weeks ago from Doylestown. '08 535xi wagon, Deep Sea Blue, natural brown, light poplar. Didn't get as many options as you, hoping I didn't make a mistake not getting Logic 7. I listened to that and the standard system side by side and honestly couldn't tell much difference. In any event, I'm looking forward to having something other than my black 2000 Audi 2.7T to drive. Want to take a little pressure off that baby as it's very expensive to maintain.

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I will have to do some work and compare a couple of other deals. I was prepared with my own spreadsheet and an idea of what I wanted to pay and it all went out the window. We took a test drive first and the sales person tried to pair my phone using the vehicle's bluetooth connection. He looked at my phone and started to laugh as my screen saver is a picture of a 535 wagon. Nice! I will work on that though. Was not too thrilled that my BlackJack did not stay connected. More research on Beamerfest. He also told me I could not use multiple deposits due to their customer loyality program. We shall see.

Logic 7 was so much richer that I had to splurge and get it especially with having HD radio and my IPOD. The best and only thing I like about my Rover is the sound system, currently has Logic 7.

Solebury, congratulations and I will look out for you. Small town you know.
So why didn't you get the manual? Can't imagine that car without it. My sales person told about having just ordered a wagon for someone...may have been you. My deal was similar as well. Enjoy!

Regards,

Bernie

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
The blackjack does have issues with phonebook syncing from what I've read, but I've not heard that it drops...but I'm hoping the WM6 upgrade that is due out from AT&T will fix the bluetooth stack...it's supposed to help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Re not getting the manual transmission, my other half doesn't know how to drive a stick and isn't particularly interested in learning, at least not on a car that's to be driven every day. I can drive it and do enjoy it, but it's honestly been so long since I spent time with a stick on a day-to-day basis that I wasn't sure even I wanted it. I was very impressed with the car with automatic when I test drove it.

Obviously will have to live with the standard stereo, but don't think it'll kill me! Besides, in 39 short months I can rethink that decision.

I'll look for you too. It is a small town and there aren't that many 5 series wagons around anywhere, although a neighbor around the corner has one. Funny to see a new one with temporary plates driving in front of my house at the time I was making a decision to order. Considered it a message from God!

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard from the dealership that I may actually have a September delivery date in Munich! Looks like the week of Sept. 25 has three open dates. Cross my fingers! Hopefully I will be putting myself on the ED delivery calendar! I will keep everyone updated.

Regards,

Bernie

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Don't put down money on a lease!!!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You may wish to search out my posts on Euro Delivery and Leasing. This will save you some dollars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Definitely check out the MSD's and financing on the deal you were offered. It sounds a little fishy...

Regarding the blackjack...There is a Windows Mobile 6 firmware on the net (I have it saved if someone can host the file). I can CONFIRM that it fixes all pairing and phonebook issues with the iDrive system. Let me know if you want it and I can get it to you.

J

·
Registered
688 Posts
Congrats bb! Very nice car and well configured. The Monaco Blue will look real sporty! I'm so excited for you, especially since you're taking the Euro Deliv option!

I did an Euro Deliv of a 328iT wagon last year. My delivery date was Nov 3. Dropped it off on Nov 6 and got my car back in So Cal on Dec 16. So, that's a schedule that you can use as a reference. You might shave off 10-14 days since you are in the East Coast.

When I landed in Munich on Nov 2, the City had just received its first snow dump (~ 12 inches) that night. Nevertheless, in the next few days the weather was nice and I was able to take the wagon on the A-Bahn to well over 100 MPH (let me emphize...much well over :thumbup:). I was a bit worried since I had the sport pack and summer tires. But, there were sunny and dry roads and I just "opened it up".

You will enjoy your car immensely, I guarantee you :thumbup:. It is so practical and sporty at the same time. You'll love the pano-moonroof!

I too, looked at the 530xiT at that time (535xiT not avail yet back then). It would have been perfect for my family with 2 little kids. However, it would have been about $18 K more than the 328iT. It's a bigger car, and you get lots more, which is worth the $18 K. However, i just could not justify it to myself. Another thing is that I thought with the 530xiT, the 3.0L engine rated at 230 HP and 200 ft lb of torque was a bit weak for the 5-wagon, especially in the "X" drivetrain.

Lastly, I really wanted a RWD car / driving experience. And since I live in SoCal (not a skier either), so no need for the X-Drive. Essentially the extra 18K and the X drive were the deal killers. I went with the 328iT, which is a bit on the smaller side, but big enough. No regrets, love the car!

Good luck on your journey!

As a stay at home dad the last thing I wanted to do was order a mini-van...just could not do it...

So for the big 39th birthday I test drove and placed my ED order...Car drives amazing...sooo much different than our X5.

08 535xit Manual
Monaco Blue
Lt. Cream Beige
Bamboo
Prem
Cold Weather
Nav
Logic 7
HD
PDC
IPOD
CA
RWS

The sad part is I really wanted to get in for a late September Munich delivery...however, BMW NA has said that all Sept. and Oct. dates are full. ED has really taken off. So I am looking at November for delivery. Like I care. 5 days away from the little guy will be much needed rest for all.

Hoping to have my delivery date first thing next week. So my deal I think is great...

$5000 down
39 mth. lease
17,000 miles
BMW Loyalty program
Bottom line...$803 per month...which is $25 bucks more than the Rover!

Wish me luck!!!

Regards,

Bernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts