BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the aluminum pedals on their e90? Not that I have any complaints about the stock pedals, but I did notice the clutch pedal could be somewhat grippier. I also like the way the aluminums look.

Just wondering.

Thx,

A

·
your average JAMF
1,227 Posts
I had (factory) aluminum pedals in my R32 and absolutely HATED them. Despite the rubber inserts, if your foot was the least bit wet, it would/could slide all over the place and was a safety hazard. I'm surprised that the automakers haven't been sued out of offering these by now.

They do look nice, but functionally they suck.

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
torrentami said:
Has anyone installed the aluminum pedals on their e90? Not that I have any complaints about the stock pedals, but I did notice the clutch pedal could be somewhat grippier. I also like the way the aluminums look.

Just wondering.

Thx,

A
BLING, BLING.....and a waste of money!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed these pedals myself in about 30 minutes and from my own personal experience they work very well. I regularly go on "rally" drives on twisties and I have never had a problem where I felt like my foot was slipping. I also found that they greatly enhance the sporty look and feel of the car's interior and well worth your time.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I'll pass.

This comes from someone that usually loads up with all the available options.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have a set sitting in the garage......will install them this weekend....

i don't know about performance....but they do look HOT!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Start with the aluminum footrest and then see if it gets the urge to mod out of your system. I say that because after I installed my alum pedals I hardly ever looked at them again....they're kind of hard to see in the E90. THe footrest is much more noticeable.

Don't know how well they will perform once the rubber inserts are worn down....pretty slippery I bet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts