BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was bored, I have DSP subwoofer from 2002 530 laying around, and I decided to took it apart just to see how big(or small) stock woofers. Well, when I opened up that box :yikes: I was pretty impressed how small they are, I was like, how can they even produce any bass? They're the same size as in our front doors(mid ranges). Just wow. :thumbdwn:
I posted some pics, speakers are the same size of a cell phone.

·
overclock that computer!
233 Posts
keep in mind while both are the same size. the sub prolly have more xmax then the door speakers. if you think that is a small sub you should check out www.partsexpress.com they carr a TangBand 4in sub, i think it was discounted though. they will prolly only show the 5in and 5.25in sub. the 5.25in from TB has over 9mm xmax, the 6.5in TB has 13mm or 14mm. the 5.25in is 50w-RMS and the 6.5in is 70w-RMS. one guy on the PE boards uses the 6.5in ported i forget volume for just music playback in his house. he said he measured a F3-30hz reagion.

with my plans to upgrade the sub's in the back. i will be removing that bandpass box and going for 4 maybe 8 of the TB 6.5in subs. small stealth box is my goal, so i will prolly use 4. just need to get other things fixed first on the 540i...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts