Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing the X5 today, the comfort access would constantly lock/unlock the locks when I was rinsing the doors (handle) or when I ran my cleaning brush across the handles.
I guess it doesn't know the difference between the water/liquid and my hand.
Any others notice this issue. I finally had to put the FOB in the garage. Kinda irritating with the continual locking/unlocking.:)

·
Happily Driving
2018 X5
7,041 Posts
Yes this has happened to every car with comfort access BMW has ever made. As you noted, leaving the Key Fob somewhere else works great.

·
Aficionado
3,016 Posts
Normal-

·
Registered
198 Posts
Leave the fob in the car...

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
134 Posts
While washing the X5 today, the comfort access would constantly lock/unlock the locks when I was rinsing the doors (handle) or when I ran my cleaning brush across the handles.
I guess it doesn't know the difference between the water/liquid and my hand.
Any others notice this issue. I finally had to put the FOB in the garage. Kinda irritating with the continual locking/unlocking.:)
it's not your hand or the water. it is the proximity of the key (in your pocket) to the car.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's not your hand or the water. it is the proximity of the key (in your pocket) to the car.
@tntp....Not sure I wholly agree with that. If I wasn't washing the car, non of this would happen no matter how close I got to the car, as the comfort access don't work/activate unless you touch the door handle. Walking up to the car with the fob in my pocket doesn't unlock it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I mean your key will need to be in the range first for the touch sensitive door handle to initiate. if you put the key further away from the car like 30 ft, then try the door handle, if the door unlock, then it in malfunctioned. The touch sensitive area of the door handle is not like the finger-print reader of your phone. Anything can trigger it as long as the key is in the range first.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean your key will need to be in the range first for the touch sensitive door handle to initiate. if you put the key further away from the car like 30 ft, then try the door handle, if the door unlock, then it in malfunctioned. The touch sensitive area of the door handle is not like the finger-print reader of your phone. Anything can trigger it as long as the key is in the range first.
Yep, my wet wash brush & rinse water from the hose. No touching needed if u have fob in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts