BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a complete loss on what's going on. I have a 2006 525i with 148K miles. I had the CCC replaced about 5 months ago for what it's worth. About a month ago I'd go to start the car and as I went through the startup sequence and turned the ignition key everything would light up and come on. During that motion just before the car turned over everything would go dark - a complete loss of electrical power. Dead as door nail; no interior lights, nothing. I would check the battery compartment; no water or moisture, all fuses fine. I'd wiggle the battery terminal wires (new battery btw) and within a few minutes the power would pop back on and the car would start fine. It did this two more times over a 3 week period. It appears to be getting worse. Over the weekend I was driving 75mph on the highway and everything went dark, gauges all dropped to zero, iDrive display rebooted the whole 10 yards. It lasted a mere second but car misfired then came back on. This happend twice over a 5 minute time span then it was fine the rest of the trip. Any ideas? I travel A LOT and need to depend on this car but now I'm concerned I'm going to get stranded eventually. Any ideas?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you 2chill. You're right on. Just took it to a BMW dealer and they said my positive battery cable needs to be replaced at a tune of $1000!!! Essentially the clamp is faulty and is not making good contact with the battery terminal. I'm going to try a home remedy first before spending a grand for a new cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.