Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello BMW lovers,

This is my first post and unfortunately not a good one. :) I'm gonna have to start with complaints that some metal grinding occurs under my car. :D I was told it was not serious issue, there were some small fragments of plastic or rocks that needed to be taken out of the exhaust system.

Let me know what do you think. Please check the video. In the last 10 seconds you can hear the noise best. Ignore the clicking sound that's me playing with my battery, focus on the metal noise that the car makes. Let's identify and fix the issue. :) Maybe it's time for serpentine belt change? :dunno: Other than this irritating metal noise the car is in perfect shape, no mechanical/electronic issues.

https://vid.me/b3mP_a_

·
Registered
138 Posts
it could be the diss valve only if you are getting an engine light. I had similar noise and the mechanic told me its the transmission -.-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it could be the diss valve only if you are getting an engine light. I had similar noise and the mechanic told me its the transmission -.-
Thanks. Could be the transmission or some warning signs about transmission going to fail anytime soon will look into this. No dashboard warning lights for now thanks God. :)

When I fix this issue I will post what was the issue because it remains unknown since no one can tell with 100% sureness including myself. Others are also welcome to comment. I will be away on vacation in the next 10 days driving the car with this metal sound hopefully my car won't explode all of a sudden. :D

When I return I'll take it to the mechanic and get this fixed for good!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts