BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with My 40d xDrive , when Im driving and fully remove foot from acceleration, there is some weird noise (not always, but mostly it is) . Like quiet rumbling, touch gas pedal and sound disappear. Also, same when you stop at red light , your foot is on brake , it stills make that sound. Release and depress brake once or twice and sound disappears.
What it could be ?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,533 Posts
Where does the sound come from? Inside the car from under the gas pedal?

From engine bay? exhaust?

Just started, youve owned it since new? or ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where does the sound come from? Inside the car from under the gas pedal?

From engine bay? exhaust?

Just started, youve owned it since new? or ?
Sorry forgot to mention. It feels like it come from front. As I remember from day I bought it. More than Half A year ago. But , I had a dealer appointment few days after purchase for factory recall - they changed drive shaft. Now , I’m thinking maybe because of that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any noise when you remove your foot from the accelerator pedal?
No, no vibrations , or sounds when release gas. Also no sound on speed lower than 30mph (50kmh). Only on high. And after fully stop If you drive faster than 30mph.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,533 Posts
when Im driving and fully remove foot from acceleration, there is some weird noise
No, no vibrations , or sounds when release gas.
^ This makes no sense...seems contradictory...

I think we have a language issue, so let me try and restate?

When you coast (ie no acceleration) you get a vibration or noise from somewhere in front, around the engine. This goes away when you then accelerate

(Nothing really to do with the gas pedal itself...)

I would look at driveshaft or engine/motor mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts