BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just notice a rattle under my car. I hear it everytime I hit a bump or pot hole especially in the front. I also noticed my steering wheel is shaking alot while on the road. I just had new cats installed 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the same problems as well, my steering wheel shakes if im going like 50 around a curve or brake hard. the sound coming from my car is more of a sqeaking though. when i go over speed bumps it makes a rubbing or squeaking sound. it is definatly coming from the front left area too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
mine is coming from the front right. I know there are no pebbles stuck in the brake dust shiels because it had been happeninng for about a year, and i just did the brakes a week ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you know when the shocks or strut has gone bad. As I driving if I let go of the wheel it tends to go to the right as if my alignment is off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
swaybar links

Check the front swaybar links. I had similar problems on my 99 528i sport (pulling, noises when going over bumps or turns at high speeds). I replaced the failing swaybar links in the front and the noise and pulling went away. Tightness of the front end increased as well. Bavarian has the links for about $30. Check the support bushings for your swaybar as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts