BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
check ALL the plugs in the ECU box, same happened to me and one plug was not plugged in all the way. I got just about every error you can imagine, pull them all and reseat one by one. mine was a green one on the left, second from the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So far the car has been fine but I think with this issue its a time will tell issue as it was fine for a few weeks after the last time I had the crankshaft sensor replaced, I have my replacement IVM unit in the car ready for the next time is refuses to work so hopefully I can prove it either way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thought Id just post an update as the car is going next week. Since the crankshaft sensor was replaced the cars been OK no more cut outs or random sensor errors, i then though noticed a knocking sound from one of the cylinders after looking around I could feel a vibration though one of the coil plugs and so pulled it out and reseated the spark plug luckily another problem solved. I also got the Steering wheel alignment senor error once in awhile and it was cutting out the DSC (switch the car off and on and it would clear) I though this was because the steering wheel actually did not sit in the middle when going strait so I have been out today and adjusted the track rod ends and now no more sensor errors and the car seems to be driving fine so finally all my issues seem to have been resolved.

I've have though now traded the car in and getting a F31 335d but wanted to give an update before the car went actually it actually seems like all the issues are now resolved but I just lost faith in the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
glad you figured it all out. My car has been running great since I forced the tranny to learn how to shift lol Now my radio will not turn on. Maybe I just need to charge the battery since I bought a new f150 and don't drive it often. Congrats on the newer bimmer!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts