BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
the cleanest1
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got a question to you guys with 22s. So i put maybe like 200-300 miles on these wheels and tires and the back tires look stretched on the rear wheels, before they were flush and now they look stretched, is that normal? its looks like as if the 295 tire isnt wide enough and that i need to get atleast 305. What you guys think? I just know it wasnt like that when i put them on. I just dont want nothing bad to happen.

Attachments

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
Don't know bout that????? hey where r u in TN? I got a good company i use in nashville for tires. putting my michelin pilot sports on for 350 per tire w/mount and balance, online they r 335 plus ship.

·
David
3,549 Posts
Boing I noticed this with my wheels but thought it may be normal. I researched and everyone I found was running the same tire but I would like to know if this is an issue....sanhonda please shed some light.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Def need a little wider, how wide is the rear rim? 11"? stock 128's are 10" rear.

·
President
8,098 Posts
mine looks even more stretched than that

and boing, if u take off the wheel and check the inside of the tire you should see an even more of a stretch than the outside

at least thats how mines are

·
the cleanest1
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine were good and flush and now they look stretched, you can even see from the other thread i posted and zoom in on those pics and you can see that the tires were more flush then they are now. Its not the look thats bothering me im just worried cuz i dont want the tire to mess up while im driving or nothing like that so thats the only reason im concerned but also like i mentioned before and few members on here said that they're tires were/are also stretched so.... Theres not really anything i can do, just gonna hope it stays on the rim is all.

·
the cleanest1
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks like im not the only one, thats a good thing i guess, as long as i dont have any problems though. Wonder why they werent like that when i first put them on drove around, after putting some miles on them they became looking stretched. front tires are 265 so they dont look stretched but they got more stretched then they were when i first put them on. So i dont know, i guess thats how the tires are after putting some mileage on them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Asantis are 22x11 which is why the tires are stretched with 295. I drove over a year on the same tires you have on the same rim and my tires were not stretched. When I put the 285s on is when I had problems. Im pretty sure seven11s wheels are 11 in the back also.

·
the cleanest1
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Asantis are 22x11 which is why the tires are stretched with 295. I drove over a year on the same tires you have on the same rim and my tires were not stretched. When I put the 285s on is when I had problems. Im pretty sure seven11s wheels are 11 in the back also.
you have any pics of yours or can you take some?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.