BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For I'd say the first 7 to 15 minuets of driving my power steering is so easy to turn it feels broken. Then after that amount of time it stiffens up and stays that way? I have enough fluid and no leaks. Little dampness on lines.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
830 Posts
For I'd say the first 7 to 15 minuets of driving my power steering is so easy to turn it feels broken. Then after that amount of time it stiffens up and stays that way? I have enough fluid and no leaks. Little dampness on lines.

Just replaced my pump.. but I had a noisy pump and not issue with steering. But it could still be. Put a stethoscope to the pump and see if it is making grinding noise inside. If so I would change it before your steering box gets ruined. See if you have sparkles in your fluid. sparkles are basically pieces of metal coming from your steering pump grinding away slowly...

Incidentally i replace my pump with one from oreilly car parts. it was rebuilt. Works beautifully and at a fraction of the price.

And that is all I know. :)

T

·
Registered
830 Posts

And if you change the pump, change out all the hoses... I think I changed out 4 different hoses ( maybe more ). also you must change out your reservoir too as this has a built in filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.