BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, same. But consider that those are the cheapest and probably lowest quality strut spring combo that you could get.

From amazon reviews:

2.0 out of 5 stars They didn't last a year.
Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2022
Verified Purchase
I purchased these struts last year in November for my BMWX3 2006. Struts arrived quickly and instalation went great. Unfortunately the left driver side is already bottom out and the right side is starting to do the same. Not happy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, same. But consider that those are the cheapest and probably lowest quality strut spring combo that you could get.

From amazon reviews:

2.0 out of 5 stars They didn't last a year.
Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2022
Verified Purchase
I purchased these struts last year in November for my BMWX3 2006. Struts arrived quickly and instalation went great. Unfortunately the left driver side is already bottom out and the right side is starting to do the same. Not happy.
Thanks for the advice
What is the next one up I can buy but not too expensive

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't really know about the different quick strut/spring complete assemblies available.

You have lots of quality options if you're able to just replace the struts and strut mounts. I know it makes it easier complete, but all you need is a spring compressor if the springs are fine. KYB struts are $76 each from rockauto and I'd take them over those anyday.

I've used these in the past, they're not the best but they will get the job done:

MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor Set

·
Anti-Hack
7,739 Posts
In the US, there was no such thing as ‘07-10 2.5 liter X3. That alone makes the listing suspect.

Buy car parts from an auto parts supplier, not Amazon. Go with Sachs, Lemforder, Bilstein, Monroe, KYB. I have no complaints with my KYBs from RockAuto.

New parts aren’t necessarily good, just shiny.

·
Registered
2012 128i, 2008 X5 3.0si
87 Posts
I agree with the suggestions above. I'd avoid cheap aftermarket parts, you'll end up spending more replacing a 2nd time or other issue than you would buying good quality parts. I'd go so far as to say I'd take good used OEM struts from a pull-a-part than cheap aftermarket ones from Amazon or Ebay.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was gonna go the quick strut route as well, but figured if I had all that out, I might as well just shell out a bit more for reputable parts. Plus I wanted the experience.

That being said, I went with Monroe OE Spectrum from RockAuto since the KYBs were out of stock at the time. Ordered the rest of the hardware/parts from FCP, put the kit in the cart, and took out what I didn't need. Pretty pleased with them after 15 months and 25k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts