Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car about 8 months ago and installed the alarm myself. At that time I asked them to turn it on, which they said they did. Since then I've tried to set it off by interupting the motion sensor and tilt sensor, to no avail.

So I have it in today for the sticky pedal replacement, and asked them to check their work and make sure that the alarm is in fact working. I get a call back from the service manager stating that my car doesn't have an alarm. ????? I told him that I intalled it and just needed them to turn it on. He said he didn't know how. ???? I asked him if they had ever installed BMW alarms before, and he said, "well I don't think so". I asked him to look in his service manuals and try it again.

Does anyone out there have the dealer instructions to help this moron out???:tsk:

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, the dealer "found out" how to do it after my coaching. He also found out it costs $35. Great customer service effort, espcially after giving me a loaner that was out of gas.:mad:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
I would never bring my car to that dealership ever again if they're really THAT incompetent.

·
Mostly Reading
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The HACK said:
I would never bring my car to that dealership ever again if they're really THAT incompetent.
They're the only dealership w/in 75 miles.:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
674 Posts
:lmao: :lmao:

Cant help laughing as i read your story... Your dealer is ridiculous, report them to BMWNA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts