Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inside of my map light lense is dirty so I want to clean it (ok no Alee jokes). Can you simply pop it out or do you first need to remove the panel that houses the moonroof switch/UGDO:dunno:

I plan on playing with it tonight, but just thought to ask so I don't break it or take too many things out.

TIA
 

·
************************* ***
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
The inside of my map light lense is dirty so I want to clean it (ok no Alee jokes). Can you simply pop it out or do you first need to remove the panel that houses the moonroof switch/UGDO:dunno:

I plan on playing with it tonight, but just thought to ask so I don't break it or take too many things out.

TIA
I would guess it would just pop out, as it would to change the bulb.
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
PM 325xiT said:
Can you simply pop it out or do you first need to remove the panel that houses the moonroof switch/UGDO:dunno: TIA
Moonroof? What the hell is that? To quote Nick as he got into my car on Saturday with his helmet on..."I really wish I didn't get the moonroof."
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Stupid ? - map light



Moonroof? What the hell is that? To quote Nick as he got into my car on Saturday with his helmet on..."I really wish I didn't get the moonroof."
No helmet for me so I enjoy my moonroof :)

What about my question:dunno:
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stupid ? - map light

PM 325xiT said:

No helmet for me so I enjoy my moonroof :)

What about my question:dunno:
I don't have a moonroof, so I wouldn't have to deal with that part. I also can't remember what it looks like, so I can't really offer you much help. You could get one of these though and FIOY. :D
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid ? - map light



I don't have a moonroof, so I wouldn't have to deal with that part. I also can't remember what it looks like, so I can't really offer you much help. You could get one of these though and FIOY. :D
You don't have a map light:confused:

I real bud would look it up :(
 

·
OMGWTFBBQ
Joined
·
11,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupid ? - map light

PM 325xiT said:

You don't have a map light:confused:

I real bud would look it up :(
I have the lights, but no moonroof controls. I can't really remember what it looks like since I spend such little time in the car (haven't bene in it since Sunday).

Yeah, a real bud would...if he had a copy here at work (or even call his wife at home to look it up/scan the page if he had a copy at home :banghead: ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Yes, you need to remove the panel to the rear of it as in the UGDO DIY. It's been awhile but I remember once you get the light unit out it's pretty obvious how to remove the lens.

I thought I was the only one anal enough to disassemble it & clean inside...
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris325i said:
Yes, you need to remove the panel to the rear of it as in the UGDO DIY. It's been awhile but I remember once you get the light unit out it's pretty obvious how to remove the lens.

I thought I was the only one anal enough to disassemble it & clean inside...
Thanks and nope call me Mr. Clean :D
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Nope, don't need to yank the UGDO panel. You gotta remove the light assy to take the panel out anyhow, so by the time you take the panel yout you're a step too far ahead.

But the compartment for the domelight area is sealed so it'll be tough to clean.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top