BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm overhauling my cooling system next week and I figured I'd do the FDM while everything is out. Few questions though. First off, I plan on running a 14" Aux fan with the stock shroud where the mechanical fan would be. I found a wiring diagram online for the OEM aux fan, would it be alright to tap into that as shown by the red and black wire? If not, would I need to run another-but-identical circuit to the new aux fan? Second, the new rad is supposed to have ~30% better cooling cap. I do not believe the t-stat from ECS level two kit is the 88 degree t-stat. Could I just drill a 3/16" hole in the new t-stat to compensate? Will this be alright? I have looked on bf.c with no avail, likewise here at the fest. Everything in the cooling system is getting replaced short of the heater core, so everything should be in prime condition. Thanks for teh advices...:)

Attachments

·
I feed trolls
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: more and more research has led me to wire up my own diagram:

I couldnt find a wiring diagram for a second fan online, so this is what I came up with? Using the blue as the signal wire, would this setup work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.