BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have style 32, R17 wheels, uploading photo, am i going to fit them in my e46 323? Without wheel spacers? Thanx for answer;)

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,613 Posts
Those from an E90? They show offset at 34 which is low for an E46, they will probably rub on the fenders.

·
Lost but making good time
3er + 3er + 4er = 10er, Bimmers?!
5,841 Posts
The offset is already too low; the tires will rub the fenders. How is pushing them further out with spacers going to help? ;)

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,613 Posts
I have BMW Style 286 8x17 ET34 on the front of my E46 and the 235/45/17 tires have never once rubbed. I have the same tires on the rear with an 8.5x17 ET39 with no issues.
The style 73 7×17 have ET47 so yours are 13mm further out from offset and another 12.7mm from rim width (total over 1 inch push), they gotta be pretty close to flush up front, did you roll your fenders? Rears have a ton of room to play with.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have BMW Style 286 8x17 ET34 on the front of my E46 and the 235/45/17 tires have never once rubbed. I have the same tires on the rear with an 8.5x17 ET39 with no issues.
The style 73 7×17 have ET47 so yours are 13mm further out from offset and another 12.7mm from rim width (total over 1 inch push), they gotta be pretty close to flush up front, did you roll your fenders? Rears have a ton of room to play with.
If you were responding to my post, no, I made no change to the car to accommodate the staggered set of BMW Style 286 Wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think you will find your answer using these two resources BMW wheel style 32 | OEM BMW Wheels - BmwStyleRims.com and BMW Wheel Fitting Guide for all BMW Series - BmwStyleRims.com, the style 32 has also 17 inch version with the offset of 47 which would fit the E46 like a charm, the 34 offset would fit but will poke out 13 mm on each side, it would give a more aggressive look, but as previous comments suggested check how much space you have to the fender, i don't think they will rub but better to be safe than sorry. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
...the 34 offset would fit but will poke out 13 mm on each side...
I think 'poke out' isn't really accurate. The difference in the offset (ET) of Style 44, which is what my E46 left Germany wearing, and the Style 286's it now wears is 13mm for the front - and that's just 1/2". For the rear it's than 1/3" because I have a staggered set.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the best way to find out the answer is to mount them and see for myself, gonna do that this week and I'll post some photos ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think 'poke out' isn't really accurate. The difference in the offset (ET) of Style 44, which is what my E46 left Germany wearing, and the Style 286's it now wears is 13mm for the front - and that's just 1/2". For the rear it's than 1/3" because I have a staggered set.
If they are staggered than indeed front and back will have different sizes, however based on the photo uploaded not sure if this style 32 is staggered set, i would recon its the same both front and back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts