BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of staggered style 95 wheels with Pirelli Rosso tires that have a little tread left before hitting wear indicators. The wheels were chromed and have pitting and some peeling. How should I get rid of them? Are they worth anything? I was even considering an aluminum recycling facility for the rims but did not know if they would give me any money for the aluminum. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
You could always have them stripped down and painted/powdercoated and sell them if you had the time.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much without the tires?
Make me an offer. I live in Louisville, Kentucky 40031 and would have to check how much shipping would be. The third picture is the worst wheel. You can't tell there is anything wrong with them from about 10 feet away. They are pitted though but drive smooth.

·
dhillon
295 Posts
I got those same wheels wth tires 75% left
Painted flat black.. Paint can be remove easy
$750

·
dhillon
295 Posts
Just got it done frm a paint shop
But don't paint them.. Get them powder coat much better n cost about the same

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Put them on craigslist and Im sure someone local will scoop them up, Plus they can inspect them so you dont have to deal with returns...:thumbup: Ive sold a ton of wheels on cl.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put them on craigslist and Im sure someone local will scoop them up, Plus they can inspect them so you dont have to deal with returns...:thumbup: Ive sold a ton of wheels on cl.
Okay, I will try that. Any idea what they might be worth? I would like to move them quickly. Like I said, no bends, drive smoothly, just the pitting and some peeling non of which is on the face of the wheels.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
5-700

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.