BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Yes, that will do it. The one I use actually looks more like the E-30's top piece (item to the far right) and has a thrust bearing on the nut and a stud instead of a bolt.

I recommend that you apply grease to the bolt thread before each use (for longevity).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I'll try to get one before the price goes up.All other places I've checked,price was much more than this.Thanks for the reply Randy.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
kdb said:
Think I'll try to get one before the price goes up.All other places I've checked,price was much more than this.Thanks for the reply Randy.
ZDMAK has had this kit for a long time, they want $275.

Be aware that some Z3ers on the east coast broke this tool (the bolt) after a few uses. If you intend to use it over and over (multiple cars), I'd get the one I did (which is the one that is at Randy's place on permanent loan). SIR Tools BMW3026, $361 at ZDMAK. Comes in a plain case, covers multiple cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daniel,
I called that place Thursday night.The price is now $304.00 for the tool for a specific model.I think I'll just get the one you got.This will not be my last BMW,so I'll be able to use it later.Thanks.

Brad

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
kdb said:
Daniel,
I called that place Thursday night.The price is now $304.00 for the tool for a specific model.I think I'll just get the one you got.This will not be my last BMW,so I'll be able to use it later.Thanks.

Brad
Not a bad move, and you could always eBay it if you decided not to keep it. Or post it in the board classified. The subframe bushing replacement remains a hot topic so I don't think you'd have any trouble selling the tool.

Get yourself a 24mm GearWrench while you're at it, it'll make using it very easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts