BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if any of you ahve done this. I want to get either a 10 inch or a 12 inch sub. However, i am in constant need of basically all my trunk space. So i have seen 1 or 2 vehicles in the past with a sub basically right above the spare batter. Yes, it did go alittle bit into the regular trunk space, but if its very minimal i dont mind. SO could someone post some more pics of setups like these or explain how i could do somthin like this?

·
Go Tigers!
2019 G30 540i M Sport
347 Posts
lauer89 said:
Hey guys i was wondering if any of you ahve done this. I want to get either a 10 inch or a 12 inch sub. However, i am in constant need of basically all my trunk space. So i have seen 1 or 2 vehicles in the past with a sub basically right above the spare batter. Yes, it did go alittle bit into the regular trunk space, but if its very minimal i dont mind. SO could someone post some more pics of setups like these or explain how i could do somthin like this?
Are you asking if anyone has it above the battery (passenger side corner of trunk) or above/in the spare tire well?

I have a 10" JL Audio sub in a custom box sitting on top of the plastic tray over the battery that protrudes minimally into the main trunk area. I can't think of a better place to put it in the E46 trunk and retain as much space as possible....with the possible exception of JL Audio's Stealboxes. I don't have pictures of mine here, but search the forum and you will find pics from others who have in that same corner of the trunk. Mine is basically the same.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Mine is above the spare tire under the floor.

What's a 'spare battery'?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Frank Rizzo said:
huh? You ordered an E90?
Yup

1) Wanted a manual
2) More HP and bluetooth
3) Too many E46's at work. When I bought my 02, I was the only one.
4) Will order E90 M3 sedan in '08 ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 330cic with the cold weather package. don't think I will ever use the ski pocket in the deep south!!! The sub is in a swing out where the ski bag is. Has anyone replaced this with a upgrade sub and a solid sub box? It looks like there may be room for that mod.

·
trailingthrottleoversteer
4,328 Posts
Yeah.....but are you gonna put Sirrus in it ? :D

Post pics/option list when it gets here!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Frank Rizzo said:
Yeah.....but are you gonna put Sirrus in it ? :D

Post pics/option list when it gets here!
$75 option for Satellite Prep. No sweat. ;)

Though not as involved as my 02 retro-fit, still will post E90 Sirius install pix. :smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts