BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
taxpro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email that BAVSOUND is offering a new subwoofer upgrade which will be available for the E84 X1. The estimated shipping date is 12/7/15. Price for preorders is $397 which is $100 off the retail price. You can get more information by clicking here.

Has anyone upgraded their subwoofer? What are your thoughts about the BAVSOUND product?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Do you have HK?

I have the HK and love it.
and even if I didn't... I probably still wouldn't upgrade it to anything aftermarket.
BMW puts quality sound in their vehicles, so you're going to get a good overall sound
for the make and interior dynamics of the car.

If you put a new subwoofer in, that pushes too much air you risk blowing interior seals.
I'm no sound engineer, but something I would be concerned about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks the regular, base speakers are just trash? They sound terrible to me. Even my old vehicle, a 2000 Mercedes-Benz ML430 that had Bose audio 15 years ago had speakers that sounded way better and had far clearer definition. These sound pretty trashy to me. Love the car overall but would definitely get the premium speakers moving forward.

·
taxpro
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the base audio. I probably should have had gotten the HK, but at the time it seemed a lot for what you get. Now I fine I'm not satisfied with the base audio system, so bought the BAVSOUND Stage One which is a big improvement. In retrospect it is less expensive than an aftermarket upgrade. I will probably also install the subwoofer kit as well.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Is UPGARDE = German word for UPGRADE :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts