BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks,
I have a paint peeled off of my 328i front door knob. Its just a small streak of paint being peeled off. Could someone suggest a good body shop that can get this fixed within $200 in San Jose??

Attachments

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Hello folks,
I have a paint peeled off of my 328i front door knob. Its just a small streak of paint being peeled off. Could someone suggest a good body shop that can get this fixed within $200 in San Jose??
Door knob? What door knob?

Pics or it didn't happen.

And anyway what's a new door knob cost?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
these guys are good, not necessarily for $200

Preferred image
crossing of University Avenue and Blossom Hill Rd, Los Gatos, CA 95030

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am attaching a picture of the portion that got its paint peeled off just so that you guys get a good idea and make a suggestion.

·
Registered
13,450 Posts
To OP, F30 has 2 part numbers for door grab handle, one is prime-coated, one is paint finish. None of the local shops can order the painted one. In fact, there are also part numbers for painted bumpers, but again those are not available to order.

As far as local body shop, B-Line used to paint my prime-coated trim pieces for free, as jet black was/is so popular then that the shop usually had one in the shop and they would paint small pieces from other customers at the same time. That shop has since been sold to a chain so it is unclear if they will still do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts