BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was working on my abortive rotor replacement, I could clearly see just how worn (squished?) my stock sway bar bushings are.

As I have no complaints re: body roll and as I'd like to remain in the stock class for BMW CCA autox-ing, I have no desire to upgrade the sways to aftermarket sways. But I can tell that I definitely need new bushings.

So why not upgrade. I know from having UUC sways on my ex-E46 that the bushings can, themselves, make a significant difference in feel.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket bushings? Does UUC sell just the bushings that go with their sways?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Just remember that the inner diameters may be/are different between stock and aftermarket bars, so you'll have to make sure you're getting bushings that match.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaz said:
Just remember that the inner diameters may be/are different between stock and aftermarket bars, so you'll have to make sure you're getting bushings that match.
Thanks. Excellent point. I had not thought of that. And that would rule out using the UUC bushings.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
TD said:

Thanks. Excellent point. I had not thought of that. And that would rule out using the UUC bushings.
I just remembered that I think I saw replacement OEM size urethane bushings in the BMP catalog.

Remember that urethane bushings can squeak and may need periodic greasing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nate328Ci said:
You can just replace them with stock bushings if you are satisfied

PNs as of oct '01

F: 31 34 1 135 805
R: 33 55 2 227 240

Otherwise, call UUC and ask them...
All things being equal, I'd rather get some firmer bushings, not unlike the UUCs. But, look up the page as Kaz brought up a good point that probably rules out the UUCs.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
You need bushings of the right opening size. The UUC bushings won't work because there'll be too much free play in it...Otherwise I've got two spare set of bushings I can GIVE you.

Check BMP Design to see if they have custom polyurethane bushings to fit your car, or see if you can contact vendors or shops like Ron Styger or Doug Whalen to see if they can give you the information of their vendors for their custom bushing work and see if you can get someone to make one for you.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know someone that is selling such bushings. Let me dig around and see if I can get you some contact information.

Not expensive though, about 16 a bushing or something like that, maybe even less.

·
Registered
480 Posts
BMP does have them..... I actually just was on the phone with them for a seperate issue and I asked about them.

39 for a pair.

22.5-27 Fronts
15-20 Rears

They run in half inch increments. Just have to find out what size your stock ones are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts