BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 530 with run flat tires. ~26,000 miles and making noise. Still have decent wet pavement performance and tread. But due to noise thinking about replacing. Currently using the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A. Looking for other's experience with other brands. Appears Goodyear makes a similar tire but ~25% more expensive. Any comments?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got two flat tires on the OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE50A runflats. I decided to replace all four tires with the Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions and have been VERY happy.

The runflats may have had slightly better "turn in" due to the very firm sidewall; however, the Pole Positions are noticeably stickier in the twisters and also make for a less jarring ride. The runflats are also easier to damage.

The Michelin PS2's are also excellent tires. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

www.tirerack.com is an excellent place to get information. The sales reps I have dealt with have been very knowledgeable.

Note: These are both high performance summer tires and NOT, repeat, NOT to be driven in a wintry climate. I have a 2007 530i sport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts