BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, when I'm not at school I am an automobile detailer. I have been doing it for going on 5 years now. I used to work at many dealerships but I soon noticed that they were skimping on quality products and in in for quantity not quality.

So now I run a detail business out of my house..pick up their vehicle, detail it, and give it back.

Finally had time to do mine...

Washed
Clayed
Polished via orbital buffer
Glazed
Sealant waxed (curing 24 hrs)
Tomorrow - second coat of wax - carnuba
Dressed Trim and Tires

The inside wasn't even touched as the exterior took me 5 hrs as it is. I keep it pretty clean anyway.

* I am by no means a photographer and can't capture any "cool shots" like some of you, nor do I have access to photoshop.

Use you imigination I guess, or if you're bored, chop them for me. :thumbup:

Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks very, very nice.. I'd pay ya to do that to my car :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
p.s. I just thought to tell you, there is a free photo editor you can use that has lots of cool features, it's called Irfanview -- I will get a link--

hah that was easy:
http://www.irfanview.com/

It is FREE, so I strongly suggest this.

I use Photoshop and Irfanview hand in hand. I usually start out my edits in Irfanview and do the more difficult things in Photoshop.

I use Irfanview for resizing and often color correcting --

These are the three shortcuts I use the most:
CTRL+R
CTRL+E
SHIFT+G

It is a million times better than nothing, or Windows' Paint!
Also, without Photoshop, you may find a combination of Irfanview and Paint useful for editing. Like you can't add text in Irfanview, but you can in Paint.

·
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
2,198 Posts
wow. great job. and yeah. id pay for you to detail my e30. looking good dude

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Awesome job!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Gryz - that car is looking great. I really hope I can get mine looking as good some day. The only thing I don't like is the pinstripe.

p.s. I just thought to tell you, there is a free photo editor you can use that has lots of cool features, it's called Irfanview -- I will get a link--

hah that was easy:
http://www.irfanview.com/

It is FREE, so I strongly suggest this.

I use Photoshop and Irfanview hand in hand. I usually start out my edits in Irfanview and do the more difficult things in Photoshop.

I use Irfanview for resizing and often color correcting --

These are the three shortcuts I use the most:
CTRL+R
CTRL+E
SHIFT+G

It is a million times better than nothing, or Windows' Paint!
Also, without Photoshop, you may find a combination of Irfanview and Paint useful for editing. Like you can't add text in Irfanview, but you can in Paint.
There is another free image editing tool that you should know about - it is called Gimp.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

This software is great. The learning curve is a bit steep initially but it is very powerful once you get used to it. Gimp is actually preferred over photoshop by many professionals in the graphics industry.

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the complements! My only dislike with it is that it's missing a third pedal haha.

Matt, I do not like the pinstripes either. If they were just the sticker kind they would be off in a second. Unfortunately, they are painted on.

Oh and thank you too for the editing software info and links. I will take a look at them later tonight!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks everyone for the complements! My only dislike with it is that it's missing a third pedal haha.

Matt, I do not like the pinstripes either. If they were just the sticker kind they would be off in a second. Unfortunately, they are painted on.

Oh and thank you too for the editing software info and links. I will take a look at them later tonight!
It's funny how it works; I don't like the pinstripe - well it's not bad - but I think that having it helps to take negative attention away from the fact that the car is green (not my favorite, I had a green 98 328i) and to the pinstripe, thus oddly canceling out itself, and helping your car to look better in a strange coincidental sort of way.:thumbup:

·
Bad Rabbit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice...my $0.02 lose the pinstripe.
Can't, it's painted on, though I may be able to find a paint thinner/remover since they are not clear coated that will remove them and not harm the paint.

Possible?

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
What is the word for "detailing" in the UK?!

Looks great btw :thumbup:

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
* I am by no means a photographer and can't capture any "cool shots" like some of you, nor do I have access to photoshop.
Only sad losers chop their car pictures to alter hue and saturation of the colours, so congratulations for NOT doing that! The car is what it is in real life, a few seconds applying filters on photoshop changes nothing :thumbup: :)

You also covered the car from all angles and that's all you need to fully appreciate it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Only sad losers chop their car pictures to alter hue and saturation of the colours, so congratulations for NOT doing that! The car is what it is in real life, a few seconds applying filters on photoshop changes nothing :thumbup: :)

You also covered the car from all angles and that's all you need to fully appreciate it.
My camera makes my car look purple or pink depending on the light outside. I have to adjust my pics to make it the true color.

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
My camera makes my car look purple or pink depending on the light outside. I have to adjust my pics to make it the true color.
Yeah that's good though, but if you were to make the background black and white for example, but leave the car in colour, that would be pretty crap.

I raised the brightness for my sig pic because it was so dark without the flash with my phone cam in the car interior. It's parked up against a bush, those aren't branches on the windscreen haha!

·
Registered
49 Posts
very clean dude!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts