BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi... 2011 e90, water on floor behind driver seat. trying to figure out how many sunroof drains there are. i can easily see 2 in the front 2 corners. how about in the rear of the sunroof well? if there are drains there, how do you get at them? finally, how do you clear the rear ones? thanks...

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,439 Posts
Look on RealOEM.com for parts diagrams and numbers, general arrangements. Look on NewTIS.info for detailed procedures and sometimes Overviews.

Clean them with 0.060 string-trimmer string, best from the bottom if you can find the drain hole. Vacuum maybe or a bit of air carefully.

·
Registered
222 Posts
There’s 4 drains 2 up front corners that run down the a pillars and 2 at the back corners that run down the c pillars I don’t remember where they drain out on the bottom but this has already been stated about using weed whacker line to clean them out. You definitely want to use that bc anything metal with probably poke a hole in the tubing and carefully with compressed air. If you put a blower nozzle in the drain and hit it with the full pressure your likely to blow the drain off of the nipples they attach to. The rear ones are not accessible up top. You will have to go from the bottom up. Water in the floor sounds like one of the drains has come loose from the sunroof cartridge. The only way to get to it is remove trim enough that you can carefully bend the headliner and find the drain that’s off. Once you find it just slide it back on. I always put zip ties on them when installed on the cartridge. That is a easy cheap fix to make sure that they don’t come off again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,439 Posts
There is a slip joint in the pillars between the harder tubing from the sunroof cartridge and the softer body side drains. The holes may have bicuspid valves at the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts