Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Visiting my mom for the holidays and I was test driving her 430i yesterday. Cruising down the highway about 65mph when I experienced a deafening boom - the sunroof randomly exploded.
Fortunately the sun shade was drawn, which contained most off the shattered glass fragments - and luckily was able to keep the car in the lane despite the scare.

I examined the roof when I was able to safely pull over, no evidence of rocks or glass, and the shattered sunroof was actually bowing up/out as if a bowling ball had been launched outward from within the car.

Did some research and see this was a problem years ago, but no recent news. Anyone else experience or hear of issues with new BMW's / glass manufacturers.
Incredibly dangerous and shocking experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Visiting my mom for the holidays and I was test driving her 430i yesterday. Cruising down the highway about 65mph when I experienced a deafening boom - the sunroof randomly exploded.
Fortunately the sun shade was drawn, which contained most off the shattered glass fragments - and luckily was able to keep the car in the lane despite the scare.

I examined the roof when I was able to safely pull over, no evidence of rocks or glass, and the shattered sunroof was actually bowing up/out as if a bowling ball had been launched outward from within the car.

Did some research and see this was a problem years ago, but no recent news. Anyone else experience or hear of issues with new BMW's / glass manufacturers.
Incredibly dangerous and shocking experience.

i had this years ago-very warm interior, ice and snow on glass

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

Did you sneeze? Dude! An ongoing issue for BMW since long before F3x's hit bricks.

Recent threads too....got warranty?

Frustration.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts