BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '92 318i had a wet pass side floor one day, researched into it through a few days and a rainstorm or two, figured out that my sunroof was out of adjustment. So I adjusted my sunroof. Next rainstorm, problem fixed!
But wait, now the adjustment has been lost or something has broken. The sunroof is not lined up to where it had been. It temporarily, right after the adjustment till recently, would not open in the partial manner (it angled up). And the worst part, it leaks again. So I've been trying to get access to where you make the adjustment to see if that has slipped or something and then therefore be an easy fix, I can't get the little liner to slide back like before (it surprised me how easy it was when I first did it). also, the seal does not meet back up against itself in the back (where the adjustment is out.)

I have been using the Bentley manual. I would like pointers on whether the $50 seal will do the job or if I don't NEED it, and how to get the lined panel back out of the way to check the adjustment, and any pointers on where to shop for replacement parts and instructions for the adjustment.

·
BMWCCA HPDE Instructor
23,464 Posts
The sunroof isn't really responsible for sealing water out. Instead, there are four drains (one at each corner) that are responsible for dealing with water. As I understand, adjusting the physical alignment of the sunroof won't make any difference. Check your drains for clogs using plastic cord from a weed whacker. There are tutorials online.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sunroof isn't really responsible for sealing water out. Instead, there are four drains (one at each corner) that are responsible for dealing with water. As I understand, adjusting the physical alignment of the sunroof won't make any difference. Check your drains for clogs using plastic cord from a weed whacker. There are tutorials online.
do you have links?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts