BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after 3 days at the dealer for a few things I get the call that the car is ready, They told me my sunroof noise is "NORMAL" on a 7. When I go around 80 the sunroof definately makes some noise, they changed the seal and adjusted the car already 3x, This is the 4th:mad: Should I accept this as normal???:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok so after 3 days at the dealer for a few things I get the call that the car is ready, They told me my sunroof noise is "NORMAL" on a 7. When I go around 80 the sunroof definately makes some noise, they changed the seal and adjusted the car already 3x, This is the 4th:mad: Should I accept this as normal???:thumbdwn:
yup, my dealer told me this was normal as well after they adjusted some things with the sunroof - im assuming your visor is open, but the sunroof closed? mine sounds like wind noise.

my buddy has an 05 760Li and he does not have this noise - i dont know whats different on his sunroof :(

·
Registered
353 Posts
It is so funny I swear that, that is the stealerships response when they don't fix something.

"Oh yeah that is normal"

What a Joke!

·
Registered
766 Posts
The service director told me is that is not really the seal (in some cases it is), it is the shape of the sunroof which is slightly curved, and offers resistance to the wind, hence the noise.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Well, it is "normal" from the standoint that they all do it. Even my E38 used to do it. Close the shade and you will not hear it.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When the shade is closed it doesnt make any noise, even when open, but whn I do over 80 it makes some noise???:(

·
Registered
721 Posts
yea, I got my sunroof fixed and it was 100% better even though I thought it shouldnt be as loud as it is now, but the windshield they said was normal for noise ... Guess they dont like us CPO buyers as much as new

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
its not normal. i would demand that they fix it, go for a drive in another 7 thats on the lot with the service manager
I used to complain all the time and they would replace the seal. I have yet to find a 7 that doesn't have some wind noise coming from the sunroof with the shade open. My new one here has been doing it since I picked it up. I agree it is not normal, but something they just can't seem to get right.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had excessive noise in mine when it was new (could only hear with the visor open). The dealership replaced the seal and it is better, but there is still some noise in it. Try another dealership service department to see if you can get another answer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My dealer found the sunroof drain that goes down the A-piller has a snap on cover that has poped loose. He say's that is allowing wind to enter the drain and then resonate in the sunroof making it appear that the wind noise is coming from the sunroof seal. I'm taking it back in a few weeks so well see how much it reduces the noise.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm thats interesting, I just picked up the car, i dont think they touched the sunroof, usually I have to clean around the edges thats how i know they "fixed" it, from the stains. They turned off my drl, rebalanced my front wheels again+ changed the cabin filters. and also did new pads front and back:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
my 7 does the same. With the cover open on the freeway I hear the wind noise. Once I close it, the noise is gone. I'll check into the drain cover idea...

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
ive gone 200kmh with the sun shade open & i have no noise.:dunno:
Maybe it's just a problem for the 750 and under cars. Another perk for getting a 760 - no sunroof wind noise.;)

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My car is perfect until I go over 80, then I hear a slight hiss, from one side.:(....another reason I get 14mpg....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
my car had little wind noise and i had it replaced under warranty. but that made it worse, so went for a test drive with the SA and they replaced it again. so now it has 0 wind noise.
Maybe it's the suede headliner;)

·
Registered
353 Posts
You guys suck you know that. Because now I bet you I will go out and open my sunroof cover doing 80 and I'll get baraged with noises I probably wouldn't have noticed before :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts