BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my 2001 325i from the used car dealer the sun shade for the sun roof was broken and off track. the small plastic tabs on the left side are chewed up and the forward metal tab on teh right side is bent in every wich way. is thare a repair kit for this little issue. i ask because i know this is a common issue. i have seen a few people complaining about the same on a google serch i did. if not a repair kit what do i need to fix it? can this be fixed without dropping the whole sun roof frame out from the ceiling?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes, you can fix it without removing the entire sunroof frame. You will need a couple sunroof headliner sliding tabs for the right side: 54 13 8 246 025 and a couple for the left side: 54 13 8 246 027. When I did this repair, I removed the glass and the sun shade and replaced the sliding tabs, cleaned everything up real good and put it all back together. I actually did this repair at night, outside with a flashlight and just the interior dome light! Only took an hour or so. Not too bad. 2 years or more later and no problems since. Plenty of DIY's showing this, just search!

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,237 Posts
I am having the same problem on mine.

This is actually a very common problem on E46s, so much so BMW has created a fix it!

Included in this kit is the following products;
* Water Channel
* Slide Driver
* Driver's side slide elements(revised version)
* Frame corner pieces
* Related hardware and adhesive tape

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

·
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
5,192 Posts
Kit or no kit, thing will fail if left to its own devices. Mine came with the kit installed AT THE FACTORY, and it is already starting to jam a bit. Best bet is to open the cover by hand before engaging the auto-open for the glass. Even if that doesn't look as sexy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts