BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please try the the following and report back

when you press the sunroof switch upward "to tilt the sunroof up"... does the switch allow you to tilt the sunroof in moderations or does it tilt up fully with one press ???

mine tilts up the sunroof fully regardless of how soft or hard i press on the switch "i really thought that it was a two stage" ... i remember being able to do tilt the sunroof at moderations, but it could've been from a previous car i owned...

i'd appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
741 Posts
No... One angle, one touch... It doesn't popup that much compared to others... I think you can press lightly and not tip it into auto mode if you don't want it up all the way.

One other thing I noticed... if the roof is wide open and you just want it vented, press up once and it will close and pop up on its own.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Dunno if your E46 sunroof is the same as the E39; if so, these from the VERY best of E39 Links may help:
- How to repair & reset the sunroof (1) (2) (3) & how to fix sun roof rattles (1) & how to test & fix moonroof leaks (1) (2) causing water on the front passenger carpet & how to remove the roof headliner (1)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i finally figured it out, it's actually a one button to tilt up the sunroof (one press, one button, so it doesn't matter how hard you press the button, it will activate the same switch in the background), HOWEVER, the length of time that you press the button will dictate if it tilts all the way up or not...

example: if you press the button upwards once (lightly and fast), the sunroof would tilt all the way up.... but if you press the button for about half a second, it would tilt up for half a second and then stop, which gives you some control on how far do you want to tilt it... of course, you could always tilt the sunroof all the way up and then control the tilt while in the tilt down motion.... i don't know if i can describe it any better... give it a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.