BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 BMW 645 and was thinking about adding a supercharger kit for it. I just wanted to know, exhaust aside, do I need any other internal upgrades to make sure that it doesn't destroy my engine? I will add the exhaust system first, but if I were to add a supercharger would I need to upgrade anything else in the engine? Keep in mind it's a daily driver.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are no tuners who has release the SC kit for BMW 645ci.
Wait for vf-engineering or race marque in Oct.
You might want to contact them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2005 BMW 645 and was thinking about adding a supercharger kit for it. I just wanted to know, exhaust aside, do I need any other internal upgrades to make sure that it doesn't destroy my engine? I will add the exhaust system first, but if I were to add a supercharger would I need to upgrade anything else in the engine? Keep in mind it's a daily driver.
Personally after daily driving an E39 M5 for years, I think that my 645 has just the right amount of power for use in daily traffic. I wouldn't and don't want more because with the way I use the car and the lack of a LSD more power would be in no way helpful.

However, in general you should not have to modify the engine internals in order to install a low pressure S/C that has been engineered properly for your engine. I haven't seen any "kits" available for our cars at this point so if you really want to do this you will be looking at a custom installation.

If I were selecting a tuner to engineer one of these systems for me I would call Active Autowerke and see if they would be willing to take it on, they have sucessfully supercharged lots of BMWs. I would be very wary of some of the other "tuners", I have heard some real horror stories on the M5 Board about one in particular.

For all the hoops you are going to have to jump through and the expense of doing the job correctly, you may be better off just selling your car and buying a 650 or M6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts