BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 6speed convertible M6. I want to supercharge it but I also want some honest opinion from you guys and if possible some present owners of supercharged upgrades. Which supercharger upgrades are the most dependable? Weigh the cost versus what I will be getting. I would like to hear about potential problems to look for. Anything you guys can add would be appreciated. Please don't come on the thread saying it's pointless to supercharge it because it's already a beast. At this point that's redundant. It's a winless battle because it's getting supercharged. I just want to make an educated decision on which supercharger to purchase. ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466073464.397645.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1466073530.741193.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Chances of you getting a response from someone who actually installed a supercharger on their M6 seems to be slim, if any. It's a pretty expensive endeavor for most. I don't have a supercharger on my M6, but I've asked around myself, and everyone points towards the ESS S85 VT2-650 Supercharger. Here is a link of others talking about this specific supercharger setup:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...iew-ess-tuning-vt2-650-my-bmw-e60-m5-s85.html

Hopefully this helps, somewhat. Good luck! and I will pray for your tires!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! I already purchased another set in anticipation. You're right about slim picking on the supercharger opinions because it is very expensive. I just want max enjoyment out of my beast. I appreciate the link also. I'm trying to gather as much info I can before pulling the trigger on the mod. I keep running into the ESS package though. I may be forced to go ESS stage 2 if I don't find anything that tells me otherwise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Lol! I already purchased another set in anticipation. You're right about slim picking on the supercharger opinions because it is very expensive. I just want max enjoyment out of my beast. I appreciate the link also. I'm trying to gather as much info I can before pulling the trigger on the mod. I keep running into the ESS package though. I may be forced to go ESS stage 2 if I don't find anything that tells me otherwise.
What ever your choice, please post your results! I'd love to see it, possibly a video of it in action. I too am considering it in the future, and I'd like to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts