BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My BMW has a lot of problems but this is a new one. I have a 2004 bmw 325i and it has a intermittent rough idle, but that’s a known problem. My new issue is It was doing the rough idle, I bump started it in 4th to fix it then I went from 4th to 3rd and it completely freaked out. EML light came on, it bucked and then started doing a pretty quick surging idle from like 1000 to 1400rpm. Had absolutely no response and I couldn’t even put it in gear cuz it was bucking so much.

edit: originally put 700 to 1200 rpm but it happened again and I was wrong

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to read your post and did not really understand.
Yeah not my best wording. Pretty much I went to downshift and it put the car into like a modified limp mode with a surging idle. Rpm’s fluctuated between 1k to 1400rpm and there was no throttle response. The surge didn’t go away when in gear so it bucked until I put it into neutral, and it was fine after I restarted it. hope that cleared it up, I wrote the post quickly and not too well.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Not sure what exactly is your cause but the bucking issue happened to me twice recently. Both times I let the clutch out too abruptly and fast while hammering the gas. I didn't pay attention to the tach but my car buckled several times before I let off the gas and popped it back to neutral. It was like the engine was surging and ebbing alternately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts