Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuck between the bilstein b12pro kit vs the hr Coilovers. Not sure if the adjustability of the hrs (something I might never use) would offset having a set of proper bilsteins installed.

Taking opinions as the two units are similar in cost. Leaning towards bilstein right now.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Stuck between the bilstein b12pro kit vs the hr Coilovers. Not sure if the adjustability of the hrs (something I might never use) would offset having a set of proper bilsteins installed.

Taking opinions as the two units are similar in cost. Leaning towards bilstein right now.
What are you hoping to accomplish with the suspension mods?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great question. The stock rear suspension both sides on the car is toast so I need to replace the stock rear regardless. Gaining performance on the street is the main goal, apart from simply renewing the suspension entirely. If the rears are gone one can only assume the fronts will follow shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Great question. The stock rear suspension both sides on the car is toast so I need to replace the stock rear regardless. Gaining performance on the street is the main goal, apart from simply renewing the suspension entirely. If the rears are gone one can only assume the fronts will follow shortly thereafter.
What is the condition of the roads where you drive? Is this your daily driver or just your fun time car? Do you do any long distance driving in the car?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Daily driver for fun. Roads are nice here. No issues other than speed bumps here and there in parking lots.
Lots of information at the bilstein web site along with many options available. I am guessing that the damping quality of the strut follows the number and increases in stiffness as you go higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts