BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade my 330Ci Sport suspension to something that will give me better cornering ability, lowering break cornering and improving overall under\oversteer.

I've been looking into the RD Chassis Kit + Sway bars for a starter. At the price of roughly $1800, i'm thinking there may be a more cost effective way of doing the upgrade.

I know RD uses Eibach springs. I'm not sure who they use for their shocks.

I also know that the UUC Swaybars have a proven track record, and are considerably cheaper.

Has anyone had experience with shocks and springs combo? Can anyone recommend a good combo, taking price and performance into consideration? How about for sway bars?

I will do the 19" lightweight rims and tires at a later time. For now I'd like to stick to suspension mods.

Thanks for any help.

fred

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Do the sway bars--- Racing Dynamics or UUC are good. Whatever is cheaper.

You could do a coil-over kit from H&R or Bilstein.

CHeck with the guys at E46fanatics.com... they are really into this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought about coil-over. The problem is I dont have the tools to modify the suspension on and off track... At least not yet. So I wanted to get a suspension that would obviously not give me the same flexibility and aggressiveness as the coil-over but one that gives a an improvement in both on and off track scenarios.

fred

·
3,300 Posts
Popular combo's are the H&R springs & Bilstein shocks.

I personally hate the idea of ruining the ride on street use. I've read some great reviews on the Eibach Pro-Kit and Pro-Damper combo. The shocks & springs being designed by one manufacturer makes a lot of sense, as they can be optimized to perform well together while maintaining a civilized ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you. I want a combo that has been tested by the manufacturers. That's why the Dinan suspension stage I or II, or the RD Chassis kit are attractive to me. The only hold back is the price. I think if I went with Eibach designed shock\spring combo I could save about $800 or so.

I'll probably call Eibach and find out what they know.

Thanks

fred

·
3,300 Posts
Eibach is the only manufacturer that matches a set together for the E46... beyond R/D, Dinan etc... who just order Bilstein/Koni/Eibach stuff with their own specifications. The Eibach combo will be my choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm very much leaning towards Eibach also. Thanks for the help, i think I will give them a call.

Any suggestions on the sway bars?

thanks

fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts