BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i would like to thank all the fine members of bimmerfest.thanks to you guys ive been able to change thermostat,stage resistor,and now im tackling the valve cover gasket but thats not mi question today...everytime i go over little bumps,(grvel driveway)my 00 323 cic sounds like im hitting curves, the steering wheel shakes and you hear these loud thumps,mainly from the front.it just turned 90000 mi.could anyone lead me in the right direction?? thanks again

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,960 Posts
MOre than likely your Front Control Arm bushings or the control arms themselves or both.

·
ZHP = Patlabor
2,340 Posts
Sounds like you are in the same boat as I am if you are on original shocks/struts- time for replacement :)

Otherwise, tire condition is another factor. I noticed when my PS2s get below 1/4 thread this is a noticeable diff. in road feel and feedback along with road noise too.

Plus you can also take a look at your RTABs and LCABs if they haven't been changed already; at least the LCABs @ 60k.

Last but not least, check your springs, may have snapped, crackled and popped (pardon the pun), read the wiki for more details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick replies but now that im on the suspension subject my car sits about 2 in. higher in the front?i have aftermarket 18s i know it sounds stupid but is the only solution lowering it? by the way smolck you are the shiznitt you rally know your bimmers!

·
Registered
414 Posts
thanks for the quick replies but now that im on the suspension subject my car sits about 2 in. higher in the front?i have aftermarket 18s i know it sounds stupid but is the only solution lowering it? by the way smolck you are the shiznitt you rally know your bimmers!
You would do yourself a great favor if you replaced your control arms and bushings (if you have to) along with struts. My mistake was control arms and bushings first, later installed the struts...lack of planning on my part. The OEM struts were dry (no leak) but definitely dead. Picked up new tires too to replace those noisy Michelins.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts