Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of months ago I have retrofitted a NBT unit in the F31 of my girlfriend. The original unit was ENTRY_HU if I remember correctly.

After placing the new headunit, the seller activated the NBT (remotely, by setting VIN and import FSCs), and the kit doesn't use an emulator.

Recently I've noticed the service history was cleared on the NBT (logical, as it belonged to the donor car), but "current state" (service that has to happen within XXXkm) is set by origin car. BMW doesn't want to synchronize the car with the servers - they just plain refuse without a proper reason.

I've come up to the idea of temporary place the old unit in the car, write down/export all the service entries, reconnect the NBT and create all the service entries with the HU Service Manager tool.
The goal is the car will correctly reflect the service that is due "now".

Long story short: will this scenario cause any issues? Will the FSCs imported by the seller not be invalidated by placing the old HU (I have no contact with the seller anymore, so have no ability to get proper FSCs if it fails)? Are there any other options (I don't have a bench kit unfortunately) I can or need to consider?
I'm quite a rookie is this playing field (have all the cables and software, all tested and used once...).

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
40,037 Posts
Removing NBT and putting it back, and manually updating the Service data will have no affect on the FSC Codes / Activation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing NBT and putting it back, and manually updating the Service data will have no affect on the FSC Codes / Activation.
Thanks for your reply!

Do you know whether the service history is export/importable - or do I need to go by the road of writing all entries down and re-enter on the HU Service Manager tool?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts