BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got to experience much more of this car then I had since picking her up... I was able to bring her up to 125 MPH, and WOW; The car was on rails, still had power to boot, and you really did not feel the speed... It felt more like 80 MPH. Incredible!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just wait for 145. Just as nice.

Of course it helps to have the Autobahn.....But I know what your saying. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
125 is the fastest I've been able to get to as well and boy was it fun! :)

It wasn't on the highway either. It was on a newly paved two-lane road that's just over a mile long and you might see 50 cars on the road throughout a 24 hour period.

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
I'm so mad that our cars are held to the same standards for speeding and reckless driving. For instance, in the commonwealth of virginia 20mph over the posted speed limit is reckless driving. While this is probably true in school zones and 30mph residential zones, is it really reckless for me to drive 76mph on the way to work? On the same note, is 96mph reckless when I can bleed off 60mph like a speed boat in rough water, steer around an obstacle in the road, and accelerate back to that speed with ease?

For all you civil rights freaks, the District of Columbia now has a series of about a dozen "speed cameras" around the city that snap photos of your license plate and speed on major highways and arteries and mail you a ticket if you go about 15mph over (i.e. a $50 toll). This is in addition to the right light camera program in effect for years now. I wonder what would happen if I blew through at 125mph...

We have a car beyond it's time with the highway laws from 1950. Not sweet, we're all going to get in trouble.

·
Hated by hater haters
1,652 Posts
If you really want to know what a BMW is about, try a club (BMWCCA, PCA, SCCA, etc) performance driving school. You'll forget all about straight line speeds on highways, because you'll be having too much fun learning to negotiate a fast race line on the twisties.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts