BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to switch out runflats with regular tires without purchasing new wheels? I ordered the "idiot" spare, and am going to need new tires soon and would like to make the switch.

·
2015 BMW X6 xDrive
120 Posts
Yes you can switch them out. The regular tires will fit on your rims. The rims aren't specific to run-flats.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
There are several UHP conventional tires of the proper size that can replace your RFTs ... TireRack road tests many of them and when taken together with subjective reader reviews can help guide you to a wise decision.

I presume you're buying, NOT leasing, the X6 ... or if the latter are aware of the lease return "rules" in the contract.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
The UPS guy brought me four new Michelin PSS's from Tire Rack this afternoon. When I got up from my nap, they were on my front porch. Buh-bye Goodyear LS2 touring, all-season, run-flats!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just purchased a 2006 z4

Hi guys-pretty new to the forum and the brand, but I just purchased a 2006 z4 from floriduh, and I'm waiting to have it delivered.

The first thing I do [after the mechanics check] is check the tires. And I know the vehicle has run flats. I'm used to regular conti's though [previously owned an slk] and I have no idea who the RFT's handle. Clearly there will always be 2 schools of thought and I know my z doesn't have a spare [hence the redesign with the rft's] but could you offer some basic pros and cons? any and every opinion is welcome.

Thank you for your time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts