BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 545i came from the factory with a 6 disc changer (codeS672A) and pre-wired for satelite radio (codeS693A) Well I found there is a ipod connection in the glovebox looking for the 6disc changer. Well I did test it and it works but Id rather have a aux jack. Could it be as easy changing/swapping cables ipod for Aux? Would further coding be needed or is the coding just to open the option for either or??

·
Officially a BMW Addict
1,267 Posts
My 04 545i came from the factory with a 6 disc changer (codeS672A) and pre-wired for satelite radio (codeS693A) Well I found there is a ipod connection in the glovebox looking for the 6disc changer. Well I did test it and it works but Id rather have a aux jack. Could it be as easy changing/swapping cables ipod for Aux? Would further coding be needed or is the coding just to open the option for either or??
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-aux-L...P3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5afba2c3fa

might work ??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was looking to do exactly what you're wanting but then I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000-Tune2air/dp/B00B52LLJ6

I started a post yesterday in the e60 forum talking about it. The BT connection keeps the iPod jack quality and sounds way better than the aux jack.

I doubt the 3.5mm to iPod adapter will work since the idrive needs to sense an active iPod connection to enable the mp3 tab in idrive. That adapter cable would work great on a passive Bose sound dock type system but not your idrive. Still, worth verifying.

-Jonathon

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was looking to do exactly what you're wanting but then I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/ViseeO-WMA1000-Tune2air/dp/B00B52LLJ6

I started a post yesterday in the e60 forum talking about it. The BT connection keeps the iPod jack quality and sounds way better than the aux jack.

I doubt the 3.5mm to iPod adapter will work since the idrive needs to sense an active iPod connection to enable the mp3 tab in idrive. That adapter cable would work great on a passive Bose sound dock type system but not your idrive. Still, worth verifying.

-Jonathon
Thanks for the link, very good idea but I dont own any apple products.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for the link, very good idea but I dont own any apple products.
You don't need an Apple product to use the device. You need a music player/phone that has Bluetooth audio streaming capabilities. You can use an Android device if you'd like.

You can also find those kind of devices for about $15 on eBay.

You definitely cannot just swap the iPod cable out for the aux cable. The aux kit needs to be wired into the back of the head unit and then activated via programming.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought one of the cheap bluetooth adapters as suggested. I will know if it works sometime next week. Thanks for the links

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I do not have the aux option on the Idrive. I barrowed my little sisters Ipod nano and plugged it in, selected entertainment and clicked on CD (of course I had to take the cd out of the cd player) that opened the Ipod folders

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.