BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not crazy about the Myrtle Wood in my 330xi... It's kind of dull and boring, and it's getting scratched. I know with the X5 there are plenty of options as to switching the interior trim. Do I have any other wood options in the 330? As far as I know the myrtle wood was the only wood offered in the 3-series, but are there any available from Europe or something like that? I don't want aluminum or something.
Thanks

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Curious Joel said:
I'm not crazy about the Myrtle Wood in my 330xi... It's kind of dull and boring, and it's getting scratched. I know with the X5 there are plenty of options as to switching the interior trim. Do I have any other wood options in the 330? As far as I know the myrtle wood was the only wood offered in the 3-series, but are there any available from Europe or something like that? I don't want aluminum or something.
Thanks
Birch and maple (fairly similar) have been available through eurobuyers.com and probably other sources. Install on sedans is said to be easy; not so on coupes/cabrios, because the door panels need to be removed.

·
Registered
2022 M3
4,236 Posts
Tanning machine said:
Birch and maple (fairly similar) have been available through eurobuyers.com and probably other sources. Install on sedans is said to be easy; not so on coupes/cabrios, because the door panels need to be removed.
"other sources" includes your dealership parts counter. :)

Birch is pretty light and maple is medium color. You can find maple photos in my posts of a year-plus ago; I fitted it to my touring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.