BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some symbols as you scroll on the dial that is part of the turn signal that are not listed on the owners manual. Does anyone know what they all mean? Some have 3 vertical lines with the top left line on an angle, what is that? Looks like this:
/ I
I I

There are others too that I do not know what they mean. If anyone has a link to a definitions page of all symbols used that would be very helpful.

Thanks!

·
GODSPD
2,249 Posts
BMW has owners manuals for all of their E9x series available in .pdf form on their website. All that info should be in there. :D

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Can you take a picture and include it? I think I know what you're referring to, but not completely sure... :dunno:

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Those symbols are if you want only the driver's door to unlock when unlocking the car or all 4-doors to unlock when you unlock the car.

All these symbols can be found in the manual as others have already mentioned.

It should be under the Personal Profile Preference Settings page sections.

OP: We need to know what year your e90 is to correctly reference the page that contains the discussed selections. I have an 08, but the pages are probably different for an 09 manual.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Those are the key memory/preference function options. They're symbols to represent the various settings you can select.

In your mentioned case, it is to decide selective unlocking. Default is selective (1 push of fob-driver's unlock, 2 pushes-all 4). You may select to have 1 push-all 4 doors unlock.

·
Boosted Bavarian
1,272 Posts
...symbols as you scroll on the dial that is part of the turn signal ...
Being on that part of the menu, I'm guessing that is to enable/disable what they call the "triple turn signal". One tap on the stalk gives you three flashes.

(I'm guessing since I use the iDrive screen for settings, not the stalk on the steering column.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.