BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening All,

So, I picked up my F10 on Friday, and am chuffed to bits! :) Got a late 2011 530D.

I tested at the time that my iPhone syncs up, and could play music - worked fine.

I have since tried playing music from my phone, and have had no joy. The iPhone is definitely paired up, and under Bluetooth settings, all the options (including music) is ticked.

I tried un-pairing/removing the device and re-pairing, but this has still not worked. I tried syncing my wife's phone, and the same thing happens.

On my phone, I can see that the music is playing (obviously without volume, as it should be coming out of the car speakers), but on the screen in the car, at the top, I can see a circular egg timer (not sure what their official name is) so it looks like its trying to play, but actually doesn't. :(

The telephone function works seamlessly on Bluetooth.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Vishal

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I tested at the time that my iPhone syncs up, and could play music - worked fine.

I have since tried playing music from my phone, and have had no joy.
A very familiar story.

My Honda paired once; never an issue since. BMW not so much. Munich seems not to care....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will take a look, but would ideally like to try and get it working again, as it was working fine on Friday :(

Not tried via the USB cable as of yet, but wouldn't mind using it that way either....

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Like everything technology related today --- if it does not work but it should, delete it from your car completely, and then re-pair.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's interesting.

Spoke to the dealer I bought the car from this morning, and he suggested un-pairing the device, rebooting the phone and then pair up again.

Said he gets the same issue from time to time on his Z4.

To be honest, I need to update my iPhone to the latest IOS too, so could give that a try also.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, try "Remove this device" from you phone, reboot and try again. Sometimes it works......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
687 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is it the software support for external devices?

If so, mine says:-

Multimedia:- MX-003.004.031

Telephone:- TX-003.004.031
Wow, you're pretty up to date. I'm at 3.011.xxx. Not sure that would make much difference for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, you're pretty up to date. I'm at 3.011.xxx. Not sure that would make much difference for you.
I even tried the software update via USB, which updated, but the same issue :dunno:

Audio works fine via the USB cable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is really strange behaviour. Have you tried changing inputs while playing BT via your phone? Does your phone pause? And then when you switch back to bluetooth does it resume play but without sound?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is really strange behaviour. Have you tried changing inputs while playing BT via your phone? Does your phone pause? And then when you switch back to bluetooth does it resume play but without sound?
I'm sure it carries on playing.....But will need to double check this.....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts