BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I hope I am not asking a common question but the learning curve is pretty sharp on this INPA

Car: E66 745li 2004
Software: INPA came with eBay cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/INPA-Ediabas-K-D-CAN-USB-OBD2-Interface-Diagnostic-Scanner-SSS-NCS-EXPERT-Fr-BMW-/291106549404?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43c74d6e9c

I followed the directions closely, Ensuring that I installed all files in XP compatible mode since I am using windows 7

I get both black dots and I can clear read and clear error messages but when I attept to read and specific module I am getting a error SYS-0005

I did change the obd.ini to reflect com3 where and I replaced one file per the instructions but I am lost now.

I found this file but I have no idea what it's telling me, any help will be greatly appreciated

1.8 EDIABAS error: Error (95) SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND
Reason 1: No SGBD in C:\EDIABAS\ECU
Solution 1: Copy the SGBD into the Ecu directory.

Reason 2: No group file in C:\EDIABAS\ECU (for group call)
Solution 2: Copy the group file to C:\EDIABAS\ECU

Reason 3: No path definition C:\EDIABAS\BIN
Solution 3: Set the system variable (see 2.1)

Reason 4: Incorrect path definition in EDIABAS.INI
Solution 4: Set the EcuPath path in Ediabas.ini to C:\EDIABAS\ECU

Reason 5: The SGBD name contains reserved

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
Try my INPA_Fxx version.

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
INPA fxx

Can I have the link as well please? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot find INPA FXX anywhere else.

Thank you in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
Can I have the link as well please? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot find INPA FXX anywhere else.

Thank you in advance for the help!
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
Did the version from shawnsheridan work? If so, can I get the files also? I am having the same error codes.
Try it for yourself.

PM sent.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Hello all I hope I am not asking a common question but the learning curve is pretty sharp on this INPA

Car: E66 745li 2004
Software: INPA came with eBay cable http://www.ebay.com/itm/INPA-Ediabas-K-D-CAN-USB-OBD2-Interface-Diagnostic-Scanner-SSS-NCS-EXPERT-Fr-BMW-/291106549404?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item43c74d6e9c

I followed the directions closely, Ensuring that I installed all files in XP compatible mode since I am using windows 7

I get both black dots and I can clear read and clear error messages but when I attept to read and specific module I am getting a error SYS-0005

I did change the obd.ini to reflect com3 where and I replaced one file per the instructions but I am lost now.

I found this file but I have no idea what it's telling me, any help will be greatly appreciated

1.8 EDIABAS error: Error (95) SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND
Reason 1: No SGBD in C:\EDIABAS\ECU
Solution 1: Copy the SGBD into the Ecu directory.

Reason 2: No group file in C:\EDIABAS\ECU (for group call)
Solution 2: Copy the group file to C:\EDIABAS\ECU

Reason 3: No path definition C:\EDIABAS\BIN
Solution 3: Set the system variable (see 2.1)

Reason 4: Incorrect path definition in EDIABAS.INI
Solution 4: Set the EcuPath path in Ediabas.ini to C:\EDIABAS\ECU

Reason 5: The SGBD name contains reserved

This is literally telling you what to do.

You are missing your D_KOMBI group file or it is the incorrect version.

In a standard install, the group files should be in C:\EDIABAS\ECU

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
Hi shawnsheridan,

Does this version also works for my 645ci 2004?
I'm having trouble resync 27A4 EWS DME and have the same code every time.

If you can help me, could you send me the link?

Greetings
Roger:thumbup:
It should, although I don't know every DME supported.

PM sent.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try my INPA_Fxx version.

PM sent.
Hi, shawn!

I'm also getting SYS-0005 error with my comy of inpa. Could you send me yours? Thanks alot!

EDIT: I dont need a copy. Got It to work. Now I'm I have to solve the IFH-0009 when trying to access the Airbag module on my X5 E53... I only get it on that module. Really need to reset the airbag light...

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
Hi, shawn!

I'm also getting SYS-0005 error with my comy of inpa. Could you send me yours? Thanks alot!
PM sent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hate to ask questions that have already been answered on this site, but ... if they are, I cannot find them.

2007 BMW 760Li - I have established connection between the car and computer. When trying to run INPA, inpaload.exe, I get the error code I300 Error opening object file. It cannot find files (c:\INPA\sgdat\GS19.ipo and many other *.ipo files). There are no GS19.ipo files on my computer. There is a GS19.prg file and other *.prg files. So I cannot check to see what error codes the various ECMs have.

I also want to reset my transmission adaptation - not sure where to find that one either. Google has not been my friend.

What are the solutions? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
I hate to ask questions that have already been answered on this site, but ... if they are, I cannot find them.

2007 BMW 760Li - I have established connection between the car and computer. When trying to run INPA, inpaload.exe, I get the error code I300 Error opening object file. It cannot find files (c:\INPA\sgdat\GS19.ipo and many other *.ipo files). There are no GS19.ipo files on my computer. There is a GS19.prg file and other *.prg files. So I cannot check to see what error codes the various ECMs have.

I also want to reset my transmission adaptation - not sure where to find that one either. Google has not been my friend.

What are the solutions? Thanks in advance.
And you are running INPA from the INPA_Fxx folder and not the INPA folder?

·
Premium Member
41,949 Posts
The desktop icon:
properties for INPA:
Target: C:\EC-Apps\INPA\BIN\INPALOAD.exe
But I thought you were sent INPA_Fxx, which included this note?

Run INPALOAD.exe from INPA_Fxx_v.2 BIN folder (C:\EC-Apps\INPA_Fxx_v.2\BIN\INPALOAD.exe).

·
Registered
22 Posts
But I thought you were sent INPA_Fxx, which included this note?

Run INPALOAD.exe from INPA_Fxx_v.2 BIN folder (C:\EC-Apps\INPA_Fxx_v.2\BIN\INPALOAD.exe).
I just tried that one. My new win10 computer uses the f2 key to change screen brightness. Using the shift/f2 does the same thing. I will have to figure out how to shift/f2 to select the E65/E66 on the INPA application. I cannot currently select the E65/E66 option.

I initially could not get the obd2/usb cable to work. (it turned out to be communication issues - port 3 vs port 1) -- so I tried "uninstalling" and then reinstalling things. That may be how I ended up with the location of INPALOAD.exe. It does not require a "shift" so I could just click on the bottom row for E65/E66. Devil in the details...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED HELP.

1 - 20 of 499 Posts