BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I got this weird electrical problem going on this morning. The Tachometer and speedometer were wayy off. the Tach would rise as if I was driving in first gear (rapidly) and the speedometer read I was going 60mph but I was only going about 15mph then it got stuck there then backed down. The MID Radio would not show a clock nor the orange background light, unless I turned it On and it would work but no clock. Also the turn signal is useless.

The second time I checked the car the clock started working but the drivers door window would not go down for the first tries.

Do you know what module controls these? is it going bad? ground issue? I did go to the car wash yesterday, perhaps water made its way inside? :dunno:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Do you have any electrical devices connected like a dice link or iPod adapter? If so
you might try disconnecting it or them and see what happens.

Some times just a simple disconnect of the negative cable for a while resets things.

How's your cd changer? Good connections?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.